midwestbroker

Guru
1000 Post Club
Columbia, MO
So, I have been working the senior market for about a year now, mostly MA plans and some supps here and there. I am looking into Annuities. I am appointed with Sun Life and ING.

Any advise or know of any good products within these 2 carriers?

I know, I know, another freaking agent trying to sell annuities, but I know that there are times when it is a good fit, and I am just wanting to have that available.

midwestbroker said:
So, I have been working the senior market for about a year now, mostly MA plans and some supps here and there. I am looking into Annuities. I am appointed with Sun Life and ING.

I know, I know, another freaking agent trying to sell annuities, but I know that there are times when it is a good fit, and I am just wanting to have that available.

SPIA's are great, I suggest them to every senior I meet. "Don't out live your money!". Just so happens to be a major concern too many seniors.

I know that is a great concern among seniors. I am going to do some self study this weekend and check out some various sites and info from my carriers.

Do you usually just take the money from a CD and roll it into an annuity?

Most brokerages work with all the same companies, just like on the life side. I use lifepro, but there are many good ones out there.

A good brokerage will teach you about the products that they offer, and annuities can be very confusing for self-study.

I am in Chicago today to set up an irrevocable trust with a charitable annuity that also funds a life insurance policy with a split beneficiary between the charity and the children. The lawyer who set this up was very impressed with the conference call that we did with my brokerage VP. He was very familiar with the relevant tax code and the various effects of what we were going to do. I came to the table with very little knowledge of these products and walk away with a very nice sale SOLELY because I had a strong upline. Whatever you do, make sure that you have the same.

I just want to beat annejomorrison to the punch on reviving this thread:D Are you still looking into annuities?

Have you heard the one about the bald eagle wearing a top hat and a manacle?

It's a touchy subject with me because the original poster failed as an insurance agent. Unfortunately he wound up going insane and we sent to an asylum.

I heard he's making progress though and no longer thinks he's a chicken.

Rick

Back