Newer Agent Seeking Marketing/general Advice...

Greetings Everyone!

I stumbled upon this site while doing some general networking, and I could not be more excited. I've always believed forums are the most valuable, honest way to gain information and insight from a wide range of sources.

With that being said, I've been a cold calling warrior for almost a year now. And while it has produced great success, I feel like there should be a certain timeframe where one transitions into gaining more business from referrals and marketing.

What are some effective methods or processes that have worked well for you?

Thank you in advance!

I know Sandy. His stuff is good. This is my testimonial about his referral training:

"Your referral program and training is the most sincere, genuine, and effective way I have ever heard! (And I've heard Bill Cates, Wayne Cotton, Kerry Johnson, and so many more people who claim to 'have it all'.) It's not "just another program" where you're "setting them up to 'trick' them", but a true way to communicate your desire for referrals in a way that your clients will WANT to give them to you. It's effective because you will actually use it and look forward to using it without showing your own needs or insecurities. I HIGHLY recommend it!"

He's starting a new LIVE training on referrals that I will be participating in. I know his system, but I may get another couple of nuggets out of it.

Referral Mastery 2017

It starts Thursday, September 14th @ 2pm ET and runs for a total of 6 weeks.

----------

cold calling is all about working the law of averages.
As for referrals I found with my personal book, that they started coming in at a more steady rate, when I had about 100 clients.
There is always other ways of marketing, but it generally costs money. Try to earmark 10-15% of each commission check for marketing. Keep reinvesting into your business, eventually you will see the dividends pay off!

Feel free to give me a call. 352-217-1000 I'm in Florida, not sure of the market you work, but I would be happy to help any way I can.

Last edited:
Greetings Everyone!

I stumbled upon this site while doing some general networking, and I could not be more excited. I've always believed forums are the most valuable, honest way to gain information and insight from a wide range of sources.

With that being said, I've been a cold calling warrior for almost a year now. And while it has produced great success, I feel like there should be a certain timeframe where one transitions into gaining more business from referrals and marketing.

What are some effective methods or processes that have worked well for you?

Thank you in advance!

Suggestions:

• When someone gives you a professional compliment, finesse a review request for your business FB page (or other SM page) into the conversation or email reply.

When they say yes, send them an email with a link. Give instructions in the email. Don't waste your breath giving instructions without a link.
  • Call two to four times per year. "Just wanted to make sure everything is going well with your policy and make sure we still have your current contact information... Do you have any questions for me?... Ask for a referral, review or cross sell only after you have answered all their questions."
  • Mail a generic sales piece four to six times per year. Some should be for the product they bought. (If they are happy with you, they might give it to a friend.) Some should be for another product. (I like postcards.)
  • Send at least one handwritten note per year.
  • Send a handwritten note to thank new clients.
  • Send an email with different verbiage at the same time that thanks them again and asks for a review. (Don't waste time asking for a review offline. If you can't send a link they won't do it.)
  • Send a handwritten note, and possibly a gift, to thank a referrer whether or not you expect to make a sale.
  • Send an email with different verbiage [same as above]
  • Send a drip email campaign.

----------

One more thing:

If you do F2F sales, you should be able to get a review after every sale unless they aren't on the right social media. Everybody who buys is happy with you at the point of sale.

This happened yesterday after I put my laptop into my briefcase.

"Would you mind leaving a review for me on Facebook? I'd really appreciate it?"

"No problem."

"Do you have your phone? If you go to Facebook can show you the page." (If she didn't have her phone, I would have sent her an email later.)

She hands me the phone. I hand it back.

"Please leave a 5 star review, anything less looks like you are unhappy with me."

"No problem. You've answered all our questions. You've been great."

I think she left me the review before I left her driveway.

I started out cold calling for clients. Client referrals naturally happened and increased over time. Now networking with strategic partners has been huge for me along with client referrals. It was all a progression. If I would have started out looking for strategic partners at the beginning, it would have failed miserably. I needed a client base first, it took time to become polished, and relationships take time.

Keep cold calling and it will happen naturally.

Reactions: DHK
Back