Newly Appointed SAFECO Personal Lines Agency: P&C 101 ???

ARios

Hi all,

I have recently been appointed to sell P&C to diversify my agency's income.

I have 22 years of experience selling Individual and Group Health and Medicare Supplements / Advantage plans. But must admit the home and auto are NEW to me.

Is there any P&C 101 threads to read on this forum?

Where can I find good how to's or online training?

Any suggestions welcomed.

Not sure what your Safeco site looks like but when we log into our Safeco there is a page with all sorts of training, the tab says "sell and grow" there is prospecting, cross selling, agency csr, etc

Yes, I have the same "Sell and Grow" tab.

I have perused this area of the site and will some more. Thanks for your reply.

Safeco is becoming the Progressive of town. They will appoint anyone for a chance to write some business.

How did you guys get a safeco appointment without any experience?

Correction, I have 22 + years of Insurance Sales experience and book of business 1000 members strong.

Safeco is becoming the Progressive of town. They will appoint anyone for a chance to write some business.

I'm tempted to tell you where to go, but will instead try to read into your infinite wisdom

Sorry, I thought my question was clear. How did you get a safeco appointment with no home or auto experience?

Honestly, I told them what I just told you. I have many years of experience, a large book of business and a desire to diversify my agency due to the Affordable Care Act. I also told them I was being recruited by several large agencies in my area but wanted to remain independent.

Honestly, I told them what I just told you. I have many years of experience, a large book of business and a desire to diversify my agency due to the Affordable Care Act. I also told them I was being recruited by several large agencies in my area but wanted to remain independent.

You sound like me, I started my agency in the end of 2011 because we saw trouble on the horizon for health insurance. Safeco was one of my first appointments along with Progressive. Best decision I ever made to diversify.

Back