Newly Licensed Agent Seeking Advise

wookiecookie

First time poster.......

I am a newly licensed agent working for a captive agent selling
P &C. I am only licenced in p and c but hope to have my life and health within a month. I have a small savings - enough to keep me afloat for a few months and am considering starting my own agency...... a few questions.

Will I even be able to get E & O with less than a year experience?

If so, will any company give me an appointment?

Will Wholesalers like agentsecure or superior access give me access with only a year of experience?

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks so much,

I am a newly licensed agent working for a captive agent selling P &C. I am only licenced in p and c but hope to have my life and health within a month. I have a small savings - enough to keep me afloat for a few months and am considering starting my own agency...... a few questions.

Will I even be able to get E & O with less than a year experience?
I seriously doubt it - not without experience or book of business.

If so, will any company give me an appointment?
That's going to be really tough. You don't have any experience, and you don't have E&O insurance.

Will Wholesalers like agentsecure or superior access give me access with only a year of experience?
Sorry, can't offer any guidance there as I'm not familiar with either one. Perhaps other posters will offer some help.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks so much.

Why not stay one more year at your captive company build up your resume, experience, and savings?

To limit expenses starting out, you can use Superior Access as they dont require an office. I would definately get a few substandard carrier appointments if you choose to go out on your own.

For E&O try CITA Insurance Services and see what they say.

On superior access though, I am only using them until my direct appointments come in this month they take forever to get policies bound.

Back