Newly Licensed for Life and Health Insurance.

gavros777

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
What companies are good to get appointed with in the state of Florida?

Thanks in advance for any advice given :)

Welcome to the Biz.

You will need to be more specific. Look in terms of the market you want o sell to: Gen Y, Gen X, Baby Boomers, Seniors, Business Owners.

Many different products for each of these markets. Term, GUL, IUL, WL, Par-WL.

Not every company is good in each area. Once you get an Idea on your market, then look to different companies that excel in that market.

Welcome to the Biz.

You will need to be more specific. Look in terms of the market you want o sell to: Gen Y, Gen X, Baby Boomers, Seniors, Business Owners.

Many different products for each of these markets. Term, GUL, IUL, WL, Par-WL.

Not every company is good in each area. Once you get an Idea on your market, then look to different companies that excel in that market.

For starters i plan on selling Term and as i get more comfortable will add more.
What companies you recommend for term?

For starters i plan on selling Term and as i get more comfortable will add more.
What companies you recommend for term?

We offer the same companies as most Fully underwritten IMO's do.

My personal recommendations are:

• Transamerica (Great rates for Smokers and Non-Smkr Standard and preferred plans)
  • ANICO (American National)
  • Protective Life
  • Genworth
  • North American
  • Banner Life
  • American General

All of these are consistently in top 8 for rates in Non Smoker Preferred and Standard Plans and are also on our Champions Program.

Last edited:
We offer the same companies as most Fully underwritten IMO's do.

My personal recommendations are:

• Transamerica (Great rates for Smokers and Non-Smkr Standard and preferred plans)
  • Protective Life
  • Genworth
  • North American
  • Banner Life
  • American General
  • ANICO

All of these are consistently in top 8 for rates in Non Smoker Preferred and Standard Plans and are also on our Champions Program.
There is probably a thread on this (that I couldn't find) but......

Twilight and PCB -
What are the differences between MGA's, IMO's, etc...????

There is probably a thread on this (that I couldn't find) but......

Twilight and PCB -
What are the differences between MGA's, IMO's, etc...????

I like to compare it to a military ranking..... Major vs. Master Sargent....

IMO vs MGA..... The MGA works for a living..... LOL.

IMO and MGA is just levels of contracting/commission. Most IMO's have MGA level contracts with a couple of carriers with the top deal. IMO's are more of a marketer/recruiter without concentrating on personal production.

MGA's like us/Legacy are actively selling and testing the markets we are in to measure success of direct mail or other programs for the producer so that we can better assist and train agents to be successful in the real world.

Many IMO's sell a pipe dream and have no clue as to how to sell a product and will do anything just to get you under contract and could care less if you are successful...That is a poor formula for an agent's success. An agent can be much more successful working with an MGA that is sales focused and knows this business inside and out. That agent will learn and never be dependent on an IMO that just doles out pieces of paper with nothing behind it.

IMHO - Skipper.

Back