Newly Licensed Health Sickness & Life in GA...now What?

I am interested in gettting into insurance sales. Although I have my license and a strong outside sales background, I don't have a lot of insurance experience. In order to obtain training, is it best find an experience broker to train me? If so, how do I go about doing that?

I looked at some other options and it seems like a lot of the IMO and FMOs that I have found online have bad reviews in regards to paying commissions and locking agents into long contracts.

I guess I'm really just looking for some direction on where to start. I originally got my license to sell Medicare supps, and I think that I want to stay on the health side vs the life side, but I'm open to ideas.

I think there is an association around here that takes care of that for you.....they will be around shortly......

It definitely seems like Medicare is the way to go considering everything that is going on right now...which means I probably need even more training with all the CMS regulations, etc. Mainly I am concerned about trying to go it independently at first, and feel like I should get in with a company to help with training/mkt...but I have no clue where to start and who is reputable in that arena. Thanks for the replies!

Depends on what you want to sell, where you see your comfort zone, how you want to market yourself. There are a lot of options available. I am hiring, not a revolving door situation, only hire one agent at a time, train them, get them productive and supported and then hire another. Main focus is Life and some solid annuity products, with a pretty decent lead source. Write back and give more insight as to what you are looking to accomplish and be glad to help you avoid the revolving doors that want you to sell friends and family and them move on so they can collect the residuals.

Back