Newly licensed in St. Louis, Missouri (E&O Questions)

halis

Expert
Hello insurance agents! Let's talk. So I passed my P&C and received my license in Missouri. I just passed my L&H in Missouri and will be applying for the license once they receive my scores.

So my goal is to become an independent agent. I work for a tax and accounting firm and I will be setting up a contract to sell insurance to all their clients exclusively. I am also going to re-write all the insurance for the business, which is actually my first goal. So help me, these questions are layups:

1) So, in Missouri what is a good company to get E&O through?
2) How can I determine the appropriate amount of coverage?
3) Will one policy cover all the different lines (property, casualty, health, life) that I might sell?

4) I am uncertain if I should be writing the insurance through the company I have the agreement with or if I should set up my own company that operates in their office..thoughts?
5) Will having this agreement to write for the business (and their clients) make getting P&C appointments easier? I mean technically I will have a book of business as soon as I can get appointed.

I would love to hear from an agent in St. Louis or elsewhere in Missouri, but any help is welcome and greatly appreciated. Have a nice day!

3. Will one policy cover all the different lines (property, casualty, health, life) that I might sell

Yes there is one policy that covers all but it was more expensive when we started out.

We found it cheaper to buy 2 seperate policies. One for L&H and another for P&C.

Also, most companies require a minimum of $1 mil for coverage.

Back