Newly Licensed L&H, Focusing on Medicare Adv & Sups, Completed UHC Training and Also with MOO... No

Thank you in advance for your help!

I'm newly licensed in South Carolina, completely new to Insurance Sales and being an agent. I've established an upline, been appointed by UHC and MOO. However, I have absolutely no idea how to get started selling or even where to begin. I've had no formal insurance sales training and starting to wonder if Medicare/ Advantage/ Sups is a bad option for those of us completely green to the industry? I know I could start with FE instead but really would like to help people with their Medicare options. However, the sales regulations between the two differ greatly. Am I even allowed to do both?

Any suggestions are greatly welcome.

Re: Newly Licensed L&H, Focusing on Medicare Adv & Sups, Completed UHC Training and Also with MOO... No Idea on how to S

Why did you get into insurance?

Re: Newly Licensed L&H, Focusing on Medicare Adv & Sups, Completed UHC Training and Also with MOO... No Idea on how to S

Perhaps you're with the wrong upline. Clearly all they have done for you is provide you with a contract.

Rick

I've been fortunate enough to stay at home with my daughter until she reached school age and now want a new career. My friend sells Final Expense and does really well with this. The thought of helping people while making a decent living is quite appealing and I really like the challenge of sales.

----------

Thank you for your response.

In your opinion, what should an upline provide? I considered contacting the carriers directly but am a little embarrassed. The advice from these forums have been wonderful and I'm hoping I can get some good feedback :)

----------

Also, I chose the Medicare route because it seemed challenging, like putting together a puzzle for consumers but I'm starting to think I may have bitten off more than I can chew. Thank you so much for your response!

I've been fortunate enough to stay at home with my daughter until she reached school age and now want a new career. My friend sells Final Expense and does really well with this. The thought of helping people while making a decent living is quite appealing and I really like the challenge of sales.

----------

Thank you for your response.

In your opinion, what should an upline provide? I considered contacting the carriers directly but am a little embarrassed. The advice from these forums have been wonderful and I'm hoping I can get some good feedback :)

----------

Also, I chose the Medicare route because it seemed challenging, like putting together a puzzle for consumers but I'm starting to think I may have bitten off more than I can chew. Thank you so much for your response!
It's all the MAPD legalism that has got you paralyzed.

Put that aside for now and take up Chris Westfall's training on selling med supp over the phone.

The learning curve is much shorter and so is the sales cycle with the 67+ crowd. (Sometimes it's a one call close) And you don't have any of that scope of appointment nonsense with supps.

All you have to is explain how standardization works and how they can get the same plan for less money, or explain why Plan G or N may be a better value vs Plan F. Then ask for the business. That's about it!

Thank you so much! I think that's the route I may choose!

Back