Newly Licensed P&C in Pa

jrf1711

PA
I am a newly licensed p&c agent in PA, my family owns a Buy here-pay here auto dealership, motorcycle dealership, which i have been running for the past 21 years..I am now planning to open an insurance agency..With strong business ties in my community, I sell 50 cars a month and 50 motorcycles a month and 9 out of 10 need insurance..I also have accounts receivable of over 700 clients in which i can probably take 80% of them into a new insurance carrier that i will provide..I have alot of potential clients waiting for me, who also need business, commercial, workers comp., etc...I have the office space, I have a captive audience, the surety bond, E+O, my question is who would appoint me (what carriers) without having a book of 200k per year..I know i will easily attain that once i am able to write...thank you

You will need to start 1 of 2 ways. You could sign up with a wholesaler to get access to carriers without having a book of business. For this route, see the thread titled "who is the best? Insurance Noodle, others?" to see some opinions on which wholesalers are better. They will take either a portion of the commission or a flat fee. Look for one that will let you roll your book of business into a direct appointment down the road without too much of a hassle.

The other option is to find a local agency that will help you learn and give you access to carriers in exchange for a portion of the commission. The learning aspect may prove more valuable than you think. You have a marketing plan but learning multiple carriers' systems and underwriting guidelines isn't easy.

I'm looking for an experienced P&C broker licensed in NY that is interested in working together on new business right away.

Please contact me. I'm available for the remainder of the day.

Thank You

.....you do realize you just posted to a year old thread?

Sooooo....when you say "right away"...what is "right away"?

1manshow - Yes, I was fully aware of the time frame before I posted.

It was actually over a year from the last post previous to mine. I believe the actual date was 4/26/11.

I do appreciate you making sure I knew that.

When I say "right away" I am referring to "without delay or hesitation" and/or "With no time intervening" for two examples. Sorry for any misunderstanding.

Hope that clarifies your concerns.

Thanks

1manshow - Yes, I was fully aware of the time frame before I posted.

It was actually over a year from the last post previous to mine. I believe the actual date was 4/26/11.

I do appreciate you making sure I knew that.

When I say "right away" I am referring to "without delay or hesitation" and/or "With no time intervening" for two examples. Sorry for any misunderstanding.

Hope that clarifies your concerns.

Thanks

Well, thx for wasting out time on a year old thread anyway:swoon::no::goofy:

Why do so many guys get hung up on people answering old post. He is just asking a question. Johnny check out agency equity web site. he is on this forum. use the search function...

Why do so many guys get hung up on people answering old post. He is just asking a question. Johnny check out agency equity web site. he is on this forum. use the search function...

because old posts, and usually the meaningless comments made on them are a waste of our time.

Secondly, if its a year or two old, things change, so the info in the thread can and usually is meaningless..........

Glad to see you have a man crush on AE thou

Back