Newly Licensed: Should I Sell Final Expense, or Medicare Advantage?

Haven't started with 360 yet, but getting on board. Just listened to a training call with some very good information; stuff I've already been doing to market for seniors, so pretty excited to jump in.

Are you with 360?

Agent 5 somehow I can't picture you selling a $330 commish med supp were you have to spend more time with the client . I especially can't see you pushing ma were you must get a scope of appt signed and return in 48 hrs. Plus what I here is service work a nightmare selling ma.

Wifey and I are adding Med Supps to our bag. We are presently making BANK off of selling FE but are smart enough to be open minded. I would suggest selling FE for now and consider adding the Advantage/Med supps LATER like we are doing. If you decide to contract with someone to sell FE, you damn better make sure that they have the best training program available so that you don't fail out like most insurance agents do.

I will tell you that 360 Financial Group has the Best lead program out there and that is why we, Spurcity and myself, are of the top 3% Final Expense agents in the country.

Best of luck

Douglas Massi

I agree with most everything you said except about 360 having the best lead program out there.

It may be all that and a box of candy too but other IMO's have the exact leads. A little too much recruiting hyperbole there.

----------

Highly doubt he is going to do MA.

Might not have a lot of choice in Florida? Very high MA penetration on Fl. And on the med sup side it's pretty much AARP in Fl.

----------

Hi,

I'm newly licensed in life/health, and am having trouble deciding what to do. On one hand, I'm looking at selling FE for Lincoln Heritage. The territory (IL) is relatively new for them, and apparently the market is only 30% saturated.

They use direct mail marketing, where the prospect sends a postcard saying they want to find out more information, and I would be going to their door to explain it.

Leads are $36 each, 80% commission, 75% advanced to start.

On the other hand, a friend who is a longtime broker is encouraging me to sell the medicare advantage product.

I currently work for a startup health company, and basically sell primary care services to seniors with medicare part B, so I understand a lot about medicare. I also setup alot of my own marketing through food pantries, church groups, and have relationships with quite a few aggregators, which might translate well into selling a medicare product.

My concern is that I might be struggling anytime it's not AEP season.

I'm wondering which route I should go, because I'm financially motivated, but also want to choose something that I can really enjoy as well. I do like working with seniors.

Any advice is much appreciated!

Thanks,
Dylan

Seems you have been fed a pile of garbage by an LH recruiter and washed it down with kool aid.

Don't drink another drop. Unless you are going to work the southeast corner of Illinois. If so, then please sign up with LH and place as much business as possible in Harrisburg, Norristown, Shawneetown, Graysville and those areas.;)

Seems you have been fed a pile of garbage by an LH recruiter and washed it down with kool aid.

Don't drink another drop. Unless you are going to work the southeast corner of Illinois. If so, then please sign up with LH and place as much business as possible in Harrisburg, Norristown, Shawneetown, Graysville and those areas.;)

I wonder how often these policies really get replaced. I mean why would someone send in another card if they just took out insurance?

You would think a mailer stating something like "you may be paying too much for your life insurance" may pull a better response for those who just took out life insurance than an E-64.

Unless they just like to send in reply cards for the heck of it!:)

I wonder how often these policies really get replaced. I mean why would someone send in another card if they just took out insurance?

You would think a mailer stating something like "you may be paying too much for your life insurance" may pull a better response for those who just took out life insurance than an E-64.

Unless they just like to send in reply cards for the heck of it!:)

They are replaced all the time. And they are serial mailers. They can have the best priced plan out there and they will still send in another card. And another.

Don't drink another drop. Unless you are going to work the southeast corner of Illinois. If so, then please sign up with LH and place as much business as possible in Harrisburg, Norristown, Shawneetown, Graysville and those areas.

Haha- thankfully I know enough people personally in this business, and received plenty of sound advice from people on here; so I managed to dodge that bullet, and am now taking steps in a more independent direction.

So, unfortunately for you, I won't be signing up any clients to LH that you can then convert to a better product;:) but I hope to run into some of these LH prospects; seems to be an easy switch.

I wonder how often these policies really get replaced. I mean why would someone send in another card if they just took out insurance? You would think a mailer stating something like "you may be paying too much for your life insurance" may pull a better response for those who just took out life insurance than an E-64. Unless they just like to send in reply cards for the heck of it!:)

Oh to be young again.

I bet you think people with ZERO premium Medicare Advantage or free Medicaid don't mail in Med Sup mailers that offer to try to lower their premium too.

There is much to learn GrassHopper.

Latest posts

Back