Newly Minted Life and Health License Looking For Reputable Companies

Davidkpa

I've been a lurker for about six months. I've gotten a heck of an education just reading posts and doing a little of my own due diligence. I've learned to steer clear of NAA even though I talked to one of their recruiters. I've learned to steer clear of Securus and Farmers First.

I've learned a lot about Universal Life and Disability and have developed some great potential pitches and have tried them on a few random people and folks seem interested in what I have to say.

Another factor is I'm a lawyer licensed in Florida and have a big background in estate planning and asset protection. I've drafted over a hundred and fifty trusts, I've gone to probate court more times than I care to remember, and contested and beat in court claims of defrauding creditors and hiding assets.

Now I'm just looking for a company I can hit the ground running. One company got me really excited with their tech support and equipment licensing and I saw a lot of potential, then the guy I met with in person stopped returning my calls when he realized I wasn't going to come on full-time even though I was willing to dedicate three days a week to sales for at least ten hours a day (30 hours).

Another guy got me really excited and when I told him I was good to go, he never returned a call or an email (two phone calls, two emails, any more and I'm working harder than I should have to).

So now I'm looking for some good companies where I can stay independent, set my own hours, and sell products other than final expense. A company where I can do seminars and meetings with legit materials and reputable products.

I appreciate any help, granted I'm throwing this post up in part because I expect some headhunter to come along as well. Thanks in advance.

I don't know if I'm missing the lingo or what but I want to sell health and life insurance along with disability.

I don't know if I'm missing the lingo or what but I want to sell health and life insurance along with disability.

What about just going independent rather than waiting for the right captive agency to come along? It would do pretty much what you just described...working your own hours, etc.

Or are you planning on staying independent and just asking about carriers?

I keep hearing about companies that let you stay independent and provide you with leads. I was dealing with one such company and was reading over the agreement they wanted me to electronically sign and noticed some suspicious language leads and paying for them. So I've sent them an email asking them to clarify. Now the issues of parol evidence come up but then you also have unfair trade practices laws as well so I'm curious to see what they say.

I'm thinking more and more I may just find carriers and do my own seminars and mail campaigns at this point (which I've done for myself as an attorney doing trusts and estate planning).

So if you know of some good carriers I'd appreciate the info. I'd really like to find folks in Central Florida already doing this and form an agency but that may have to be on pause for awhile till I get my feet wet and go from greenhorn to veteran in insurance sales.

The one company I thought I lost touch with just back with me today but for whatever reason we are having tech issues and the company looks incredibly legit and good to work for part-time.

Back