Newsletter Questions

vic120

Guru
5000 Post Club
TN
I don't know if this is the right place but my website provider does my newsletter so I am guessing this is a good a place as any

I sell medicare and I am good on the phone but not great with writing, I have my newsletter done by my website provider and I am just not sure if they type of articles included in my newsletter are what should be there, I am a novice at this and maybe my feeling on this is incorrect and that is why I am asking here

Now I sell medicare But my newsletter this month includes articles like Tips for preparing for a flood (that talks a little about flood ins) spring driving tips (that talks a little about auto ins) spring cleaning tips (that talks about home & liability ins) and another article called PI day that includes pie charts on renters, Home auto flood type of Ins?

I don't sell any of these types of things, Am I wrong in thinking this should not be? Again I am a novice at this stuff and I don't know now have I made a mistake on relying on them. This feels completely wrong but I could just be overreacting not knowing how these things go

Are the newsletters HELPFUL and ENJOYABLE to read? Any article that doesn't talk about what you do can easily be referred to someone who does.

However, based on the topics you mentioned, it sounds like a generic "insurance" newsletter based on what THEY think are insurance topics that fit what you sell.

Maybe you'd like something more along these lines. Check out the "Senior newsletters" and see if that's more of what you're looking for. They focus more on retirement planning, but at least it's closer to what you do.
The most effective and affordable client newsletters for agents and advisors

Are the newsletters HELPFUL and ENJOYABLE to read? Any article that doesn't talk about what you do can easily be referred to someone who does.

However, based on the topics you mentioned, it sounds like a generic "insurance" newsletter based on what THEY think are insurance topics that fit what you sell.

Maybe you'd like something more along these lines. Check out the "Senior newsletters" and see if that's more of what you're looking for. They focus more on retirement planning, but at least it's closer to what you do.
The most effective and affordable client newsletters for agents and advisors

I actually love the outline and format of my newsletter, I am just not in love with 6 out of 7 article's being completely P & C based

I am going to be more involved going forward but I trusted them with the content as they say they are marketing experts and they are not cheap, I reasoned that since they will handle content it would work

And worse this newsletter went out before I had a chance to not approve it, and they always give the draft the day it goes out

If 6 out of 7 articles are going to be P&C based, you may want to consider doing some kind of joint-marketing venture with a P&C agent and share the costs. You have the content. It can be distributed to BOTH of your lists and you both can benefit through cross-referrals.

If 6 out of 7 articles are going to be P&C based, you may want to consider doing some kind of joint-marketing venture with a P&C agent and share the costs. You have the content. It can be distributed to BOTH of your lists and you both can benefit through cross-referrals.

I mean I spend enough money with them I feel, I Shouldn't be looking to find a partner I should have better article's no?

At least thats my thinking

what I am looking for more is to know if I am correct that I should expect more from marketing or is this normal to expect when you pay someone for marketing content?

And the reason I ask I have to talk with them about this, I want others opinions on what should be expected

My mind tells me this is unacceptable But I am trying to find out am I wrong?

Last edited:
I mean I spend enough money with them I feel, I Shouldn't be looking to find a partner I should have better article's no?

At least thats my thinking

what I am looking for more is to know if I am correct that I should expect more from marketing or is this normal to expect when you pay someone for marketing content?

And the reason I ask I have to talk with them about this, I want others opinions on what should be expected

My mind tells me this is unacceptable But I am trying to find out am I wrong?

Hey Vic, you've got contracts with SMS....have you been on their website? I'm thinking they've got something on there about newsletters. I'd ask Olivia about it.

Hey Vic, you've got contracts with SMS....have you been on their website? I'm thinking they've got something on there about newsletters. I'd ask Olivia about it.

I think I remember something Like that, I will check it out,

I will be more involved with newsletter from now on, Probably can handle that now but that is not the issue. The biggest issue is I use these guys to put together my drip campaign and am planning on doing other marketing emails they are setting my social media and it's not cheap,

My biggest thing is this seems like not something that is a simple mistake anyone in marketing could have made and there was a couple other things previously and I am starting to second guess my investment. I am not good at writing or content so I rely heavily on them

I am going to call my rep tomorrow and talk about my concerns

I think I remember something Like that, I will check it out,

I will be more involved with newsletter from now on, Probably can handle that now but that is not the issue. The biggest issue is I use these guys to put together my drip campaign and am planning on doing other marketing emails they are setting my social media and it's not cheap,

My biggest thing is thems seems like not something that is a simple mistake anyone in marketing could have made and there was a couple other things previously and I am starting to second guess my investment. I am not good at writing or content so I rely heavily on them

I am going to call my rep tomorrow and talk about my concerns

I think it's good to have some helpful hints and trivia in a newsletter, but it should mention things related to Med Supps(like telling about Observation Days), instead of gearing it toward P&C(floods). You're paying for the wrong things.

Here's a couple of sites you might want to check out.

https://www.mailmunch.co/

https://mailchimp.com/

I think it's good to have some helpful hints and trivia in a newsletter, but it should mention things related to Med Supps(like telling about Observation Days), instead of gearing it toward P&C(floods). You're paying for the wrong things.

Here's a couple of sites you might want to check out.

https://www.mailmunch.co/

https://mailchimp.com/

Thanks Tom this is helpful

These 2 sites are very interesting. A little over my head as of yet, and I am going to maybe have to take some time off just to learn about all the things I need to know about for my site and email marketing but I think it might be wroth it

Back