Newsletters

agent C

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I would like to start sending out newsletters in Jan. but I am not real sure on how to get the process started. Is there a website where I can go to get templates and content. A realtor friend of mine uses serviceforlife.com for his template and content along with adding his own articles and a trivia question for free movie tickets. So my question is if there is a similar site for insurance newsletters. Also if anyone has a good newsletter that they wouldnt mind sharing with me I would appreciate it.

I'm also starting a newsletter in January. Here are the resources I'm using:

Template - I downloaded an MS Word template from their wesite. free

Content - clipcopy.com - $50 per year

Print & send - I found a local printer who will do 17x11 (4 8.5x11) pages at $0.27 per copy and mail them bulk for $0.22 each.

Format - The printer wanted me to email a spreadsheet for the addresses and a pdf for the newsletter each month. I downloaded a pdf converter from docudesk.com. About $20

I almost have the basic newsletter complete with all of my standard info. Then, I'll just need to write a short message and an insurance tip of the month each issue. The rest of the content will be trivia, a puzzle, fun articles, etc.. that I will cut-n-paste.

Is it really a good idea to have a newsletter with the kind of content talked about in this thread?

I think the idea of a newsletter, at least partially, is to establish a certain level of expertise and credibility. Personally, I would be looking for financial well-being content if I was on the receiving end of a newsletter, not puzzles and such.

Good content is either going to cost money to come up with or it is going to take time and effort to put together the content. With the cost of postage, I would be less concerned about the cost of quality content and more concerned about the image being projected to the person receiving the newsletter.

The idea of fun content vs insurance content is so it'll actually get read. My customers already get a quarterly newsletter from the company full of insurance info. I'll bet it gets tossed right away.

Thanks for the info Tim. Thats a nice e-newletter. Do you send out a newsletter via snail mail as well. Where do you get your content?

Latest posts

Back