Next Step in Auto Repair Claim?

iiinycboi

Guru
100+ Post Club
So we have a rear end accident with bodily injuries. An attorney has been hired and going through the process.

Now the other insurance sent out an adjuster to take a look at the car.

What is the next step here?

Does the appraisal of damages go to me or the lawyer?
What if there are more damages and what happens if i need a rental car to get to work etc...

Can you bill the insurance company after they cut you a check for the appraised damages, if they find more damages and/or need additional expenses taken care of?

What is the process you need to go through for getting the car fixed and additional expenses covered?

Learn this term - supplementals
They write more checks all the time. No big deal.

Who is the A party and who is the B party in your hypothetical? Which side is the lawyer on? Why are you working the claim? Let the claims adjusters deal with this. Just follow the process and talk to the adjuster every few days till everything is done.

Dan

Learn this term - supplementals
They write more checks all the time. No big deal.

Who is the A party and who is the B party in your hypothetical? Which side is the lawyer on? Why are you working the claim? Let the claims adjusters deal with this. Just follow the process and talk to the adjuster every few days till everything is done.

Dan

party A the one who got rear ended is my client, party B is the rear ender. The lawyer is on party A's side.

Just curious as to how the process is done(for self knowledge), want to make sure that if they cut a check they will still pay for more damages which was never a problem, always got more money if needed. But what about the rental car? Do you have to pay up front or ask them to bill the insurance or get a bill and give it to the lawyer.?

Is the party at fault in dispute? Did your client file with their own carrier or the other carrier?

Why is the attorney involved? I'm confused on that. Things slow down a lot once the attorney starts doing his job. He gets paid by the hour and the slower he can make things happen, the more he gets paid.

If your client has coverage on their policy, their policy will pay for the rental car and subrogate back at the end. If not, the client will pay till the other parties insurance accepts responsibility, then he can submit for reimbursement. Or, just file the claim with the other parties insurance and let them pay directly.

Of course, states may vary so your checks may come from alternate sources and be paid out in rubels instead of dubloons.

Dan

The client got hurt and is pursuing a bodily injury claim. so there is an attorney involved now.

the medical no fault is being charged with party A's insurance. The client does have rental coverage.

they filed a claim with their own and others, but in NY their own insurance said they will handle the no fault, but the property damage is claimed on the other insurance.

No dispute in fault, but even their insurance cant find the guy. it was a commercial policy and they cant find the policy owner...

Last edited:
You kinda have 2 claims in this, the property and the injury, the cars will be paid fairly quickly more than likely......
The injury could take a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time depending on the injuries.....

i think that the client must be hurted and he must go for the claim which is a dangerous for you so that you have to contact with the attorney who helps you and must contact with the agent.but one thing remember that there is also a property claim which must be done by the other party so contact with your agent.thanks.

what in the heck........:swoon::no::goofy:

Back