Next Wave Marketing Strategies.com

InsKid

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
These people have horrible bogus leads. Fortunately, I only made a minimum purchase. They were not accurate, some were non existing addresses, disconnected phone numbers and totally fake birthdays.

A few had the correct name and address but wrong birthday, wrong phone number and every person contacted swore they never looked into life insurance and had no interest whatsoever.

I know that leads are not sales waiting to happen, they are just leads, but not a single one had all 4 elements correct: name, address, birthdate and phone. Some had 2 correct, but when the address was a vacant lot or not even existing and the phone number disconnected, how can I verify the name or birthday?

In my opinion, the people running Next Wave Marketing Strategies are thieves, I know I should talk to their customer service and give them an opportunity to straighten out the situation, but I rather chalk it up as a cheap lesson learned and let it be known here in the forum that if you want to be ripped off like i did and waste your time and money on worthless random info, just go to nextwavemarketingstrategies.com.

The guy that owns that place is Troy Wilson. He's a good guy, if you give him a call I'm sure he'll take care of you. Internet leads are tough and he's selling aged internet leads. There are some other folks on here that have had good luck, I suspect most are somewhere in the middle.

Have you at least emailed them about it?

That's amazing you know the owner, thanks Josh.

The quality was so poor, I honestly thought it was some overseas hacker sweatshop operation. I really don't want more leads from Troy.

Mine were only 60 to 80 days old but the fake birth dates and non-existent addresses were not cool. I thought they were internet leads, so I mentioned that to one lady I actually found and she swore she didn't even have a computer, the birth date she gave wasn't even close either, so I drove 10 miles to the next one which was a vacant lot, not fun.

Maybe his Auto or homeowner leads were better, but i was looking at 60-70 yr olds in certain FE zip codes and it was not fun. Thankfully I had GreenSky Rick's list on BatchGeo and was able to salvage the day with 2 sales in one house. I'll give Troy the benefit of the doubt, he must not be aware of how lame these leads prove to be for FE.

That's amazing you know the owner, thanks Josh.

The quality was so poor, I honestly thought it was some overseas hacker sweatshop operation. I really don't want more leads from Troy.

Mine were only 60 to 80 days old but the fake birth dates and non-existent addresses were not cool. I thought they were internet leads, so I mentioned that to one lady I actually found and she swore she didn't even have a computer, the birth date she gave wasn't even close either, so I drove 10 miles to the next one which was a vacant lot, not fun.

Maybe his Auto or homeowner leads were better, but i was looking at 60-70 yr olds in certain FE zip codes and it was not fun. Thankfully I had GreenSky Rick's list on BatchGeo and was able to salvage the day with 2 sales in one house. I'll give Troy the benefit of the doubt, he must not be aware of how lame these leads prove to be for FE.

Same experience here. Troy did make it right to me though. I would not recommend. It's a crap list with crap data

I am sure Troy would replace or refund your money if you asked him. He is definitely not out to cheat anyone and in fact has great lead validation in place to reject or repair leads when some bad leads do get sent into his marketplace.

Total overreaction on a SMALL sample of leads. If you call him, he'll refund (like Josh and Mark said).

Since you're not the type of person to give a small business owner a chance to rectify a bad first experience and would rather complain on a public forum, I feel compelled to give my experience.

I've purchased over 200,000 life insurance leads from NextWave/AgedLeadStore.com (same company) and have had a lot of success. He provides the most lead validation on any aged lead available and the best support, period.

Aged lead data will always be hit or miss. You have to keep in mind this is 3rd party data that he's aggregating from online leads - he's not generating them himself. 3rd party lead vendors are the ones generating junk and he does everything he can to weed out that junk. Think of him as a middle man cleaning up the data to make it valuable to us.

All I care about is a phone number and someone with an interest in life insurance. If I can have a meaningful conversation with someone for $X and it's a good ROI, I don't care about the junk leads that get through the filters. They're priced low enough to make the numbers work.

Last edited:
Since you're not the type of person to give a small business owner a chance to rectify a bad first experience and would rather complain on a public forum, I feel compelled to give my experience.

I'm happy to hear his leads worked out well for you.

Sent from my iPhone using InsForums

In my opinion, the people running Next Wave Marketing Strategies are thieves, I know I should talk to their customer service and give them an opportunity to straighten out the situation, but I rather chalk it up as a cheap lesson learned and let it be known here in the forum that if you want to be ripped off like i did and waste your time and money on worthless random info, just go to nextwavemarketingstrategies.com.

First, the not-so-good. The aged leads business is a funny business. You have leads of unknown origin which have been worked over an unknown number of times. As with the real-time leads business, many leads are bad, disconnected, or had no product intent- and it's worse in the aged business than it is the first time around. Also, the quality control is very low and the data quality (since it comes from multiple sources) is hard to predict. Missing fields, sometimes you get birthdates, sometimes you get ages. Also, some suppliers (NOT including Troy in my experience) can sometimes change the origination date of the lead and make a lead seem more recent that it actually is, so they can sell a 150 day old lead as a 80 day old lead (and get it within the 90 day opt in window). Finally, Since aged leads come from a source of unknown origin, it's hard to say if they are gathered in a TCPA (or even truly opt-in) manner. You also have to trust they are truly opt-in.

Aged leads are like panning for gold. There's a ton of sand, and some fools gold in there. You have to have the right tools, and you have to be patient. They DO NOT work for everybody, and sometimes you get leads, and even entire batches that are awful.

Secondly, the good. Aged leads can be a low-cost way to add opt-in names to your pipeline. If you have a power-dialer you can reach a lot of em at the same time - this is also if you are willing to ignore (or otherwise mitigate) the TCPA risks by doing so. The agent bears this full risk, not the leads provider.
The business exists because it works for some agents. Troy could not be selling so many leads if it were all one-and-done orders. With aged leads, they need to be approached differently than real time. It's a far different approach, and one must expect annoyed people on the other end of the line. Some still need insurance however- and this is part of the point. A month later, they might be over the initial frustration and shock of being called 12 times, and the right agent with the right approach can step in as the "white knight" to give them the coverage they were first looking for.

Next, the very good. First- full disclosure - I once had a business partnership with Troy. I don't anymore. It worked well enough, about what we expected, but we got busy on other things. We don't work together today in any way.

I believe Troy Wilson and Next Wave Marketing Strategies tries their best to work with agents. I believe Troy tries very hard to provide value to his agents, and to help them (thru content on his site, and thru guidance he offers) get the most from their aged leads. Troy is a good guy, I believe, in a business that is often full of people who don't give a damn about the customer. He does. You can call him, you can work with him, and he wants his customers to be satisfied. With any product or service, I want to know there is a PERSON I can talk to if things are bad. Troy puts a reasonable face on a faceless product.

This isn't a glowing recommendation of aged leads in general - but for agents that can make them work, I would definitely (and sometimes do) recommend Troy. I recommended him yesterday to a SIMA-net.com member (the Senior Insurance Marketing Association which I co-own), and I am not connected with him to be compensated to do so.

Just my 2 cents.

I ordered 500 for med supps, a lot of info was wrong i.e. age. I didn't get anything out of them, maybe their life leads are different.

If these are aged internet leads that is the problem. I've worked aged dm and tele leads successfully but I prefer fresh leads daily. Internet leads just suck big time.

Back