This is a fairly new shop, based in San Diego, which offers an auction-based platform where agents bid on leads. The only post I could find was from 2015, and although I can't find anything negative about them, it would be helpful if anyone here has had experience with Nextgen.

Hi holdenc85,

Thanks for your interest in NextGen Leads. We have been in business since 2014 and have grown substantially, both in verticals and volume, since our last postings on insurance-forums in 2015. As of this post, we now offer: Life Insurance, Health Insurance and Medicare Supplement leads, both data and live calls. I understand you are soliciting feedback from current or past customers (which is awesome!), but if you'd like to learn more or speak with one of our Account Executives, please send me a message and I will connect you.

Regards,

George Mueller

I used NextGen live call transfers during ACA. I wasn't paying for the leads so I can't speak on the profitability but I'm curious how their life leads are.

Hi Andrew,

I hope you sold some policies off our leads!

We are rapidly scaling life insurance data leads at the moment and will make the move into live transfers within a few weeks. Quality reports from our biggest buyers are consistently within (or below) their CPA targets, for both term and final expense. We are still relatively new to life insurance but have extensive experience building and optimizing funnels for the highest possible quality. Check out our funnel here - www.firstquotelife.com.

Our funnel has gone through some drastic changes over the past few months as we continue to tailor its content to the needs of our buyers.

You can purchase life insurance leads directly through our platform by creating a new campaign (or account if you do not currently have one). Please send me a message if you'd like some additional information!

Regards,

George Mueller

@NextGenLeads I do not understand the whole thing about bidding for leads. Does that mean I cannot purchase the leads straight out? If I do not have the winning bid, does that mean I will not get any leads? I was told the prices were $10 for shared leads and $20 for exclusive. Is that the price of the leads or are you trying to up the prices for the leads? I really just do not understand this. TIA

Hey @vmamw23! This is a pretty common question as second-pricing is not as common in the lead industry as (we believe) it should be!

The majority of our data lead customers are able to secure their targeted daily volume using the minimum bid for their selected vertical. We only suggest raising your bid if your filters are on the aggressive side or you have found a sub-source that is performing well and you'd like more volume (you can forward a disposition report to your Account Manager who will then recommend optimizations).

For example, we have some customers who choose to purchase our Medicare Supplement leads to set up in-person meetings with their clients in 5-15 zip codes. In this situation, we recommend increasing the campaign bid past the minimum to ensure when a lead comes in within their territory and age targeting, etc, they win it. Another example, let's say your Account Manager notices you are closing Facebook leads at 10% and Google Search leads at 5% - they will recommend increasing your bid on Facebook IF there is more volume available on that campaign AND the increase to your bid will result in a net increase in your profits. This type of optimization typically takes a few hundred to a few thousand leads to gain statistical significance, although, based on your product offering, we may be able to make a guess on which sources will perform best.

Our dedicated Account Managers are awesome tools we encourage all customers to make use of. They are able to see winning state and filter level bids for each vertical and lead type.

One additional note here: Live transfers are a different beast altogether. Our live calls are filtered for nearly every major knockout, warm transferred directly to you or your agents' phone (with a warm introduction) and reviewed twice daily by our QA team, so our customers have pushed the price up past the minimum due to their ability to close our leads at a higher rate. If you decide to purchase live calls, an Account Manager will recommend increasing your bid past the minimum in most cases.

Please let me know if this answers your question.

Below is an excerpt from our FAQ page explaining the bidding model:

"In a second price auction, the highest bidder only pays $0.01 more than the next highest bidder, no matter what the highest bidder actually bids. For example, say there are two people trying to buy an exclusive health insurance lead: Buyer A bids the minimum price of $10.00 and Buyer B bids $12.00. Buyer B will win the lead, but he will only be charged $10.01 for it. The second price auction model allows buyers to bid what they’re comfortable paying (their “maximum bid”) with the comfort of knowing that they will almost never actually pay that amount, and will never pay more than is necessary to win the lead. This promotes fairness and saves you the trouble of tinkering with bids to find the magic number that is just high enough to get volume, but not so high that you’re overpaying. Google uses this exact auction model because of its efficiency and fairness to customers."

Regards,

George Mueller

Thank you George. I think I will let my kids read this answer. They know everything and I am sure they can break it down for me to understand. lol

I need lots of live transfers or inbound calls daily but I am very picky about qualifying the call properly, datalot for example will send me 4 people, 3 of which are absolute crap, pre-existings out the wazoo or whatever, on a 90 sec buffer, and if I don't pay for at least one of those crap calls, my conversion is considered too low and the system slows my calls to a halt. Would love to work with anyone who can provide leads on a CPA basis or be reasonable when it comes to letting me dump junk calls. I'm infinitely scalable and will eat every call coming my way from the right provider.

I need lots of live transfers or inbound calls daily but I am very picky about qualifying the call properly, datalot for example will send me 4 people, 3 of which are absolute crap, pre-existings out the wazoo or whatever, on a 90 sec buffer, and if I don't pay for at least one of those crap calls, my conversion is considered too low and the system slows my calls to a halt. Would love to work with anyone who can provide leads on a CPA basis or be reasonable when it comes to letting me dump junk calls. I'm infinitely scalable and will eat every call coming my way from the right provider.

Just sent you a PM.

Back