Nice to meet you.

Jimothy

Hello,

My name is James I am in Florida and hold a 20-44 and a 2-15. I have worked for a state farm agency previously. If it matters in the least I also have an MBA.

Life circumstances have changed and the summary essentially is I am a parental and household caretaker though I am not independently wealthy so I still require income.

My first thought was independent contractor insurance sales or captive agent with an independent schedule. I would think I would have a hard time starting my own agency considering I do not have a book of business to show production and I also don't have start up capital or credit due to my situation.

I'm here looking for a point in the right direction. I obviously do not want to sell a person something they do not need and refuse to compromise my personal values.

Does anyone have advice for opportunities that have that sort of flexibility?

I have been approached by primerca and after reading about them turned them down I was also contacted by symmetry financial and did not follow up on contact after reviews. Colonial left me a voicemail asking to talk to me though they only said colonial. I have applied at mutual of Omaha with no current response.

Thanks a million for suggestions.

Fairly certain I don't want to sell final expense insurance, accident insurance or cancer type plans.

Welcome. I write commercial p&c, so I won't be much help.

The bad news - there are a bunch of goofballs on here that have no idea what they are talking about, but can't wait to share.

The good news - there are a lot of people on here that really know what they are talking about, and are happy to share their experience of success to those who want to put in the work. While the advice can sometimes be a bit harsh, it comes from a good place. There are probably around 10 or 20 of these people for every goofball, so these people usually dilute the idiots.

Good luck.

Hello,

My name is James I am in Florida and hold a 20-44 and a 2-15. I have worked for a state farm agency previously. If it matters in the least I also have an MBA.

Life circumstances have changed and the summary essentially is I am a parental and household caretaker though I am not independently wealthy so I still require income.

My first thought was independent contractor insurance sales or captive agent with an independent schedule. I would think I would have a hard time starting my own agency considering I do not have a book of business to show production and I also don't have start up capital or credit due to my situation.

I'm here looking for a point in the right direction. I obviously do not want to sell a person something they do not need and refuse to compromise my personal values.

Does anyone have advice for opportunities that have that sort of flexibility?

I have been approached by primerca and after reading about them turned them down I was also contacted by symmetry financial and did not follow up on contact after reviews. Colonial left me a voicemail asking to talk to me though they only said colonial. I have applied at mutual of Omaha with no current response.

Thanks a million for suggestions.

Fairly certain I don't want to sell final expense insurance, accident insurance or cancer type plans.
Contact Todd King on the Forum. He's a straight shooting FMO that started with Primerica. :yes:

Welcome to the Forum. :)

I like your new avatar, goillini52

Is this what he looks like without the hat?

trump-bald.jpg

Contact Todd King on the Forum. He's a straight shooting FMO that started with Primerica. :yes:

Welcome to the Forum. :)
What is an FMO?

Currently, I have reps from colonial life, mass mutual, Aflac, Primerica and family first life speaking with me.

Hoping northwestern mutual, Mutual of Omaha, and NY Life get back to me soon. Just saw on the forum mention of guardian life so I will be checking in with them.

I'd also be happy to be a p and c agent though im unsure where to begin considering I don't have start up money.

I also have ushealth advisors though I've read it's not a good place to be

What is an FMO?

Currently, I have reps from colonial life, mass mutual, Aflac, Primerica and family first life speaking with me.

Hoping northwestern mutual, Mutual of Omaha, and NY Life get back to me soon. Just saw on the forum mention of guardian life so I will be checking in with them.

I'd also be happy to be a p and c agent though im unsure where to begin considering I don't have start up money.

I also have ushealth advisors though I've read it's not a good place to be

FMO = Field Marketing Organization. You have to get your contracts through a FMO/IMO in most cases. There are a few companies that you can contract direct with.

If you're interested in P & C talk to Markthebroker. He's the guy with the HUGE head, tiny little left hand and he wears a cape. He looks like a freak, but he can give you some pointers. :yes:

Back