Niche or General???

Been in the insurance business 6 months or so now…I like it and am staying in it. Still kind of wrestling with focusing in one niche (final expense) or being general (advisor). What are some of the things I need to consider and keep in mind as I decide? In your opinion, what are the good and bad of each (niche/general)?? What are you (niche/general) and why??

Thanks.

Been in the insurance business 6 months or so now…I like it and am staying in it. Still kind of wrestling with focusing in one niche (final expense) or being general (advisor). What are some of the things I need to consider and keep in mind as I decide? In your opinion, what are the good and bad of each (niche/general)?? What are you (niche/general) and why?? Thanks.

If you get good at one thing you will make a lot of money. If you try to be everything to everyone you will starve to death.

That's kind of the pluses and minuses of it.

If you get good at one thing you will make a lot of money. If you try to be everything to everyone you will starve to death.

That's kind of the pluses and minuses of it.

I agree. Trying to see if someone has a thought I haven't considered. So what is the thought process of someone who decides to be general?

As a general agent everybody you talk to is a prospect. If you work a niche you would need to determine how big your prospect list would be in your marketing area.

Back