No Call List

It's my understanding that since the advent of the No Call List, Texas Agents are liable for adherance. B2B is exempt, but consumer contact is still an issue. When our agency contacts consumers, we check the DO NOT CALL REGISTRY on line.

It's a national law as was previously mentioned. It's also not a state law, it's federal. You're also getting a little too cautious as it only applies to cold calls for new business, if you have a current business relationship and are calling them during the natural course of managing that relationship you can call them 8 times a day if you'd like regardless of whether or not they are on the do not call list.

Indiana announced they are voting on beefing up their DNC rules once again.
They are going to allow adding cell phones to the list and allow consumers (victims) to recieved up to $3,000 when the state collects from the businesses they prosecute.
As far as I know, insurance agents are still exempt from the law. There has been mo mention of changing that.

Re: Regulation of intrastate calls...

I would think that the state most restrictive will be the governing state. I never heard "...or whichever least" unless it benefits whoever is stating it.

...I'm just saying...

Back