No Commission PDP's

insuranceconceptscindy

Guru
100+ Post Club
Las Vegas
As I am running Rx's through Medicare.gov, I've been getting surprises- carriers that haven't been in the top in years/ever. Each time they pop up, I run to my FMO- get me appointed, and every time, they say no appointments or no commission. So far there has been two carriers: Cigna and United American. One other local company as well, but they are so dumb over there, they didn't even know they had a stand alone PDP.

So what do I do? Take one for the team? I prefer getting paid for the work that I do. I can handle a few pro-bono's each year, but this year it's more than a few. :no:

As I am running Rx's through Medicare.gov, I've been getting surprises- carriers that haven't been in the top in years/ever. Each time they pop up, I run to my FMO- get me appointed, and every time, they say no appointments or no commission. So far there has been two carriers: Cigna and United American. One other local company as well, but they are so dumb over there, they didn't even know they had a stand alone PDP.

So what do I do? Take one for the team? I prefer getting paid for the work that I do. I can handle a few pro-bono's each year, but this year it's more than a few. :no:

Take several for the team, I guess?

For me, I don't really do PDP, but if it's a current medsup client I would. Otherwise, no thanks. That time is better served prospecting a med adv client or something.

As I am running Rx's through Medicare.gov, I've been getting surprises- carriers that haven't been in the top in years/ever. Each time they pop up, I run to my FMO- get me appointed, and every time, they say no appointments or no commission. So far there has been two carriers: Cigna and United American. One other local company as well, but they are so dumb over there, they didn't even know they had a stand alone PDP. So what do I do? Take one for the team? I prefer getting paid for the work that I do. I can handle a few pro-bono's each year, but this year it's more than a few. :no:

I do pdp but I'm not getting every one of them just to have them. I have UHC, humana and wellcare because I sell their MAPD plans. I picked up silver script a couple years ago and they seem to be a cheap plan this year. If another plan comes out much better for the client I'll just let them know I don't sell them and here's the number to sign up.

I've been running into UA a lot this year too. Except for one client of mine, they haven't been too much less though. At that point, I show them both and let them know that they have the option of signing up through their system or through me. So far, everyone thinks I'm worth a few extra dollars.

I've been contracted with silverscript since 2009 but never used them. Certified this year in case someone needs a "Humana" plan with zero deductible.

Rick

Even if you get paid, it is only $2.18/month.
I don't think anyone does Part D for the money.
I do it to help my med sup clients.
If I make a little $$$$ fine.
If not, no big deal.

You aren't running Part D's to make money.

You are running Part D's so that when another agent calls your client about Medicare Open Enrollment, they will tell them "Sorry, I have already done all this with my current agent" and hang up the phone.

What are you making per enrollment? $20?

What are you saving the client? $200-500 or more? That's why you do it. PDP is glue that makes them stick to you, that is how you get paid.

Give em good service, keep em happy, they talk... oh boy, do they talk. I haven't marketed in years and grow by triple digits yearly in head count. Take care of those taking care of you.

What are you making per enrollment? $20?

What are you saving the client? $200-500 or more? That's why you do it. PDP is glue that makes them stick to you, that is how you get paid.

Give em good service, keep em happy, they talk... oh boy, do they talk. I haven't marketed in years and grow by triple digits yearly in head count. Take care of those taking care of you.

From a newby, thank you. Good to hear you can help clients with something that is generally going to cost them the most during the year, prescriptions, and still be successful.

Back