No LTC for the MIDDLE CLASS

MarkForte

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
With changing rules, tighter underwriting,and higher premiums; the middle class is being left behind. If your poor everything is free and if your uber rich you too are all taken care of. The folks who built this country (Small Business owners), take care of their aging parents, and their educated kids who cant find jobs; are left to fend for Themselves when it comes to Long Term Care. Where is the middle classes safety net?

previously posted by MarkForte

With changing rules, tighter underwriting,and higher premiums; the middle class is being left behind. If your poor everything is free and if your uber rich you too are all taken care of. The folks who built this country (Small Business owners), take care of their aging parents, and their educated kids who cant find jobs; are left to fend for Themselves when it comes to Long Term Care. Where is the middle classes safety net?

Since inception, LTCi was a product for the middle class. But over the past few years, due to the cost of increased premiums it is now an upper, middle class+ product. The middle class does not and has never had a safety net.

previously posted by MarkForte

Since inception, LTCi was a product for the middle class. But over the past few years, due to the cost of increased premiums it is now an upper, middle class+ product. The middle class does not and has never had a safety net.

Exactly my point. We don't want one either. We just want to be able to build our little empire's and keep it for our family. The taker's are what's driving up the cost of care for all of us.
I have UMC friends who can't qualify for LTC so they have to spend down everything they worked for before they can qualify for any LTC assistance. Thanks to the freeloaders

Exactly my point. We don't want one either. We just want to be able to build our little empire's and keep it for our family. The taker's are what's driving up the cost of care for all of us.
I have UMC friends who can't qualify for LTC so they have to spend down everything they worked for before they can qualify for any LTC assistance. Thanks to the freeloaders

What is UMC? The middle class worketh and the Lord (Obama) taketh away.

"I have UMC friends who can't qualify for LTC so they have to spend down everything they worked for before they can qualify for any LTC assistance. Thanks to the freeloaders"

I totally agree with your premise, but I don't understand your statement posted above. What do the "freeloaders" have to do with middle class spend down. Wouldn't our representatives and senators in Washington be the culprits?

UNC. Upper middle class. Washington. Yes. Wanted Freeloader's for Votes
Sheeple delivered 2012. Will deliver 2014 too - the culture of dependency and reliance on government is prolific these days. Add 11 million illegal - sorry - "undocumented" - immigrants, and elections are sealed for years too come.

I think someone's been listening to too much talk radio.
You dont have to listen to talk radio. Just take a look at State budgets, ever -growing medicaid, deficits, etc. It won't take long to figure out how it all fits together.

Back