No one knows what to do to get compensation for my car

Charlesfairchil

On February 14th someone backed into my Nissan 360z while it was parked. The damage was only cosmetic on the passenger side rear quarter panel. But then two days after I made the claim the engine slung a rod then locked up.
I sent the insurance company pictures of the car and damage and they gave me an estimate of only $1,300 for just the rocker panel. But there is a whole in the rocker panel, rear quarter panel, and subframe from the hitch the guy had on his car. So I told them it wasn’t even close to the amount of the damages and they told me to take it to a shop to get a supplement estimate for the rest of the damage. So I tools it to a body shop and the people at the shop understood that all i need is $5000 for compensation for ether the damages or to total the car because that’s how much I bought it for 5 months prior. After a few days the body shop got back to me and said that be damages or worth about $5000, but the insurance company is valuing the car at $7000 so they won’t be able to total it. And they also said they were waiting for the insurance company to approve the supplement estimate. So I waited a few days and called to see what was happening and she said she was still waiting on the supplement estimate from the body shop. So I called the body shop and they said they were still waiting on the insurance company. So I called them every couple of days and they would put me through the same run around over and over and tell me that she can’t do anything. So fast forward to now, it’s been at the shop for 20 days I called the insurance company and she told me That she is waiting on the supplement estimate from the body shop still. So I called up the body shop again and they told me that they can’t get the car on the frame machine since it doesn’t run, and the insurance won’t approve the supplement estimate without it being put on a frame machine. So I called the insurance company again and then she told me that they don’t have the proper documentation for the supplements so it won’t approve. And the insurance company told me that I can look into different shops but I don’t see how they would get the proper documentation at a different shop, they would probably say the same thing. So now I am thinking of taking my car out of the shop and hiring a lawyer. And luckily the body shop knows that I’m going through hell with the insurance company right now so they said they won’t charge me storage cost, luckily. But the only other option I can think about is getting the car to run which is going to cost about $2000 and then taking it back up there to get $5000, and unfortunately I don’t have gap insurance so I need at least $3700 to pay off my loan.

I was just wondering if there’s any other options I could take advantage of and if this is even ground to take the court

Not to mention, they set me up with a rental car that I drove an hour to go pick up only to find out that they won’t rent to me because I’m 19. Which I already knew that I was too young but the insurance company told me that they would rent to me because of it being with the insurance.
She also told me that they are responsible for storage costs. And I don’t know exactly how that work. Because from my perspective, I didn’t back into my car so why is money coming out of my pocket to get compensation.

But can someone please help me out because I really don’t wanna have to pay a lawyer but I don’t know anything else I can do.

I meant to say 350z. But I bought it 5 moths before the accident for $5000 with 190k miles. But here was the damage. It doesn’t really look like much but since it’s a convertible the whole rear ended Is welded together.96CA5598-D148-4472-B676-3F77F9896114.jpeg 27791CD8-84AF-4E8A-9294-E78B9017C8D4.jpeg

So I tools it to a body shop and the people at the shop understood that all i need is $5000 for compensation for ether the damages or to total the car because that’s how much I bought it for 5 months prior.

In other words, you and the shop are colluding to scam the insurance company out of $5000 no matter what the actual repair cost is?

I called the insurance company and she told me That she is waiting on the supplement estimate from the body shop still. So I called up the body shop again and they told me that they can’t get the car on the frame machine since it doesn’t run, and the insurance won’t approve the supplement estimate without it being put on a frame machine.

Nobody's doing anything wrong or illegal to you

Take the car out of the shop, have it towed to a mechanic, get the engine repaired, then take it back to the shop and continue with the claim.

If you don't have the money for the engine repair, park it and use public transportation or other means to get around until you have the money.

I was just wondering if there’s any other options I could take advantage of and if this is even ground to take the court

You have no grounds to take anybody to court. You are, unfortunately, between a rock and a hard place through no fault of your own. But it's not anybody else's fault that the shop can't to an estimate an inoperable vehicle and it's not the insurance company's fault that it can't pay without knowing how much the repairs will cost.

Not to mention, they set me up with a rental car that I drove an hour to go pick up only to find out that they won’t rent to me because I’m 19. Which I already knew that I was too young but the insurance company told me that they would rent to me because of it being with the insurance.

Ask the insurance company if they would reimburse you for alternative transportation costs since you can't rent a car. Or see if they can rent the car in the name of the insurance company with you as a driver.

She also told me that they are responsible for storage costs. And I don’t know exactly how that work.

You are holding things up by not getting your engine repaired. The insurance company is going to put a limit on the storage costs if you keep on delaying the engine repair.

But can someone please help me out because I really don’t wanna have to pay a lawyer but I don’t know anything else I can do.

There's only one thing you can do to move this along. Get the engine fixed so the car is operable. Until you do that you can kvetch all you want but it won't get you anywhere and a lawyer won't be able to help you because nobody is doing anything wrong to you.

Clearly the Egg came first. What do you think?
Too coincidental that the amount of loan left over, the amount to cover body damage, and the cost of an engine rebuild would all happen in such a short period of time. Methinks the engine failed on a vehicle with a lien on it and the body damage occurred to cover the cost remaining on the loan when the vehicle is totaled. 65% of $5000 is darn close to a total loss. But you would need blue book value to figure just how close.

Too coincidental that the amount of loan left over, the amount to cover body damage, and the cost of an engine rebuild would all happen in such a short period of time. Methinks the engine failed on a vehicle with a lien on it and the body damage occurred to cover the cost remaining on the loan when the vehicle is totaled. 65% of $5000 is darn close to a total loss. But you would need blue book value to figure just how close.
Yea, no bro. I’m just one lucky mf ig. I got the title at my house because I got a secured loan from my grandma because I didn’t have credit. And the blue book value is $5,500. But yea I understand how it could look like that but I got photo proof

You tell me bud. It actually wasn’t 2 days it was
Which really came first, the motor damage or the body damage?
It was actually almost a month gap but I had to wait for the shop to have an opening. The first is the day after the accident and the other is the when it died. And ik you can’t really see nothing in the second one but it’s because it was a video of me on the side of the roadA0CDBB05-782B-4F51-877B-1F151BBFA76C.jpeg48A78247-FABB-469E-951C-55E937BE464B.jpeg

In other words, you and the shop are colluding to scam the insurance company out of $5000 no matter what the actual repair cost is?
naw. The shop told me that the repair cost would be around $5000. But they can’t put it on the frame machine to provide proper documentation.

Ask the insurance company if they would reimburse you for alternative transportation costs since you can't rent a car. Or see if they can rent the car in the name of the insurance company with you as a driver.
and I don’t live in a large city so I don’t have busses, taxis, or even Uber unfortunately

Back