No Passive Renewals for APTC in 2020?

Pancur

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
IL
I just talked to an insurance company rep and was told that Marketplace hit them last Friday with surprising info that all subsidized clients have to contact Marketplace to keep subsidy in 2020.

Every year 70% of my subsidized book is renewing passively without a need to touch their Marketplace apps. Now it looks like all even those with already passively updated 2020 subsidy have to redo their application.

Did you guys hear about it?

Who is bill? Not true on 75% of apps. You can check in some carrier websites like ambetter if auto renewal set up or aptc taken away

When an existing client first log on to healthcare.gov, he will see his 2020 application automatically started and marked as "in progress" but not "complete", the agent' name and NPN from last year are not shown in the application that is "in progress", so your client or you have to fill in those info otherwise you will not get any credit for 2020.

Just another way to keep you working.

Just go to the carrier site. Confirm that the 1/1 payment info is correct and move on.

Personally, I don't believe in auto-renewals, but that's me. I touch every app, unless its immigrants. If there is a chance I am going to be dealing with green cards or passports AND the carrier has the right numbers, I let it passive renew.

Back