Nomad agents?

WinoBlues

Guru
5000 Post Club
Any nomad agents here? Agents that travel or stay in nonhome areas and work remotely. F2F or Telesales?
Any Expat agents?

I find myself more and more working in hotels, coffee shops, bars, and restaurants.

I believe @noah may be.

Any insight?

Nomad-Tuaregs.jpg

Any nomad agents here? Agents that travel or stay in nonhome areas and work remotely. F2F or Telesales?
Any Expat agents?

I find myself more and more working in hotels, coffee shops, bars, and restaurants.

I believe @noah may be.

Any insight?
A few years ago, there was a guy on here that sold remotely while traveling around the country in a motor home. Can't remember his name(seems like he changed it, then disappeared).

When I 1st started with Globe Life in 1973, we worked in units. We'd travel to a town and spend the week in a motel. Door Knocking(canvassing) all day.

10 years later we'd go to a town and share the cost of a motel room for the phone. Didn't spend the night, just took turns telemarketing. That way we didn't have to pay for phone calls(efore the cell phone).

Any Expat agents?

I believe @noah may be.

Any insight?

Yes, Noah likes to come to VA during the warmer months of the year, then back to FL for the rest.

@goillini52 @Todd King

I have thought of a small RV / Vanlife thing. But more of a Hotel guy right now. But cost may push me more that way.

In the last year i have been on the East Coast a lot and I've learned it is pretty easy to just work whereever.

Even playing with the idea of working out of some place like Puerto Vallarta or Miami for a month or three.

I am not sure what the logistical problem looks would be.

@goillini52 @Todd King

I have thought of a small RV / Vanlife thing. But more of a Hotel guy right now. But cost may push me more that way.

In the last year i have been on the East Coast a lot and I've learned it is pretty easy to just work whereever.

Even playing with the idea of working out of some place like Puerto Vallarta or Miami for a month or three.

I am not sure what the logistical problem looks would be.

If you are using e-apps and e-delivery then there are very few logistical issues to work out.

Mail is probably the largest logistical issue. You always need a mailing address and you need to be able to access the items quickly if something important is sent.

There are POBox services that scan your mail into pdfs and email those to you. You can then choose to have items forwarded to a different address if you need the hard copy. If not, they shred the hard copy after a certain retention period.

Other than that, not much else to worry about. Ive never worked for an extended period of time remotely. But Ive gone for a couple of weeks out of town and didnt miss a beat other than a policy that was delivered to my office instead of directly to the clients home. A mail service could have fixed that issue.

I used to know some Colonial Life group enrollers who traveled the east coast doing large group enrollments. Most would live out of hotel rooms. But one guy had a medium sized RV he pulled behind his pickup. He said it paid for itself in the first year with money saved on hotels. Plus he gets to see all the state/national parks in the area instead of some motel beside the interstate. There was a husband/wife team that went around, they got hotels, but the combined expenses saved a lot for them. All of their work was on computers, zero paper other than random notes they would take. So they had zero worries other than keeping a laptop charged and running. They didnt even have to worry about servicing the policies technically. Just write business and bounce.

@scagnt83

Mail - had not known about the scanning forwarding service. I have adult kids and grand kids that may be a solution as well. But yeah, something to think about.

A tricked out office conversion Van or RV couldn't a road trip option.

I am going to Las Vegas for several days then Edit > exploring parts of Arizona on the way home. So a mobile solution would be helpful.

I have to figure out how to fix this cellphone keyboard.

Last edited:
Back