Non Appointed Chargeback

hdge4u

Insurance agent 1 splits and advances commissions to Non Appointed Insurance agent 2-Me for writing the business.

Client charges back.

Insurance agent 1 wants repayment and threatens legal collection efforts even though I am making monthly good faith payments to repay.

Does Insurance agent #1 have a valid debt to collect on in the state of Texas for inherently having me bird dog the deal or was the split illegal in the first place?

Last edited:
Insurance agent 1 splits and advances commissions to Non Appointed Insurance agent 2-Me for writing the business.

Client stops paying on policy because Insurance Agent 2-Me gets client into a better product with my own appointed carrier. Insurance agent 1 screams Churn.

I declare acting in best interest for client trumps product everyday.

Insurance agent 1 wants repayment and threatens legal collection efforts.

Does Insurance agent #1 have a valid debt to collect on in the state of Texas for inherently having me bird dog the deal or was the split illegal in the first place?

You seem to be a shady character. You owe him the unearned commission that he paid you.:skeptical:

Client charges back.

Insurance agent 1 wants repayment and threatens legal collection efforts even though I am making monthly good faith payments to repay.

Are you a licensed Insurance Agent?

If he's not, are you going to recruit him? Talk about a debt waiting to happen.:laugh:

LOL - no . . . He was concerned about it being illegal. If he is licensed in Texas, it isn't illegal for an agent to share commissions - but, he needs to do the right thing and continue paying the debt - which it seems he is . . .

LOL - no . . . He was concerned about it being illegal. If he is licensed in Texas, it isn't illegal for an agent to share commissions - but, he needs to do the right thing and continue paying the debt - which it seems he is . . .

Read his post again. He doesn't think he should have to pay it back.

Read his post again. He doesn't think he should have to pay it back.

I read it as if he wants to know if Agent #1 can legally send him to collections for the debt even though he is already making payments to Agent #1 . . .

Client charges back.

Pay him the money you owe and stop looking for a way to screw someone. Geez.

Back