Non Pays Late Pays Etc

Allines

Super Genius
How do you handle the people who are in danger of lapsing, Do you call them, go see them? Do you have a process for handling the situation.

That's the toughest part of Fe. If you're working 100 miles away do you take a full day to "drop in" to see them?I get very few not takens but the cancels I get 90% call the company directly and cancel. On nsfs if you don't "drop" in its hard to save.If you're writing 5-7 a week many will say that's a cost of doing business .

Work a focused area
Use companies that use SSB
Make all conservation efforts in person
Give everybody 1 chance but don't chase deadbeats

How do you handle the people who are in danger of lapsing, Do you call them, go see them? Do you have a process for handling the situation.

I can't agree more with Bob here. Find out the problem, most likely its cost. If they can't afford said premium, find a premium they can afford. It's better to have some coverage then no coverage at all.

I suppose my process is to contact them. I contact them all. No matter how long on the books.

If there's an issue that's solvable then I'm going to solve it.

I check every company website every morning. I'm usually aware of a problem before the client in many cases.

One example, I noticed last week a chargeback due to NSF on my RNA commission report. On a policy that had been in force since 2010. These folks also have their med sups with me.

I called the guy to see what's up. He didn't know it hadn't gone through. he said to run it back through the bank.

RNA won't do a redraft without talking to the person. RNA wasn't open yet. I told him I would call back at 8:30 and do a 3 way call with RNA for the redraft. We called them and took care of it.

Most are just that simple. The ones that aren't then there's a decision to be made as to how much work to put in.

I had a 5 year old AmCon that I also noticed a chargeback on my commission report. I tried calling that lady but the number wasn't good.

It was in Indiana and I don't work there regularly anymore. So I mailed her a note saying that there was a problem on her draft. Never heard from her.

That was going to be the end of my effort. But I had to make a run to her town last week for something else. I stopped by her home but no one was home. The neighbor said she thought the lady was in a nursing home.

I left my card there and moved on. A couple days ago I get a call from her. She wants to keep her policy and said she didn't know it hadn't been going through. We got on the phone with Aetna and she told them to draft it to bring current and to resume regular drafts.

If they want to keep the coverage then it's not too difficult to get things going.

If they don't want it then everything is wheel spinning anyway.

Just thought of another one. Got an email from Trinity last Friday morning that one of my DE payers was returned. That was on the 2nd, when the 3rd payees got paid.

I called the lady and she said she got a new card and forgot to tell me. She gave me the new card info over the phone, I sent an email to Trinity and they corrected it right then and drafted it right then and it went through.

They are not all that easy but many are.

Last edited:
Back