Non-Renewal Notice (Auto, Home, Umbrella Policy)

kdeinv

Hello,

I have a question. I live in Georgia and my Auto, Home, and Umbrella policy are with one insurance company. My renewal is in January and my broker said that the underwriter is not going to renew any of my policies due to too many claims filed under my auto policy.

I have me and my wife and my 22 year old daughter and 19 year old son on my auto policy.

I pulled the CLUE report and it shows 5 claims within 4 years only 2 of which were my daughter's fault and they occurred in 2012 and 2015. The other one was related to a deer hitting our van in 2012. We had a $69 claim for a windshield crack fix which should have been 100% covered under our auto policy not sure why that was a claim. And the last one that happened in 2016 was my son's car where it was not his fault but in order to get the car fixed we filed a claim against my insurance and paid the deductible and my insurance went against the at fault party. That case shows as still open but I think my insurance company was able to get the at fault party's insurance to pay as I received the deductible I paid back from my current insurer.

So what are the rules for non-renewing a policy and why would they non-renew my homeowners and umbrella policy and not just my auto policies if those are the problems?

If the one 2016 wreck that my son had (Not his fault as someone hit him from behind while sitting at the light), was settled and the CLUE report still shows it open could that be corrected and we can still keep our policies?

Just want to know what my recourse is.

Also, is there a way to put my daughter who is 22 and working on a separate policy with her car even though she still lives with us? She is the one that has had the 2 at fault wrecks over the last 4 years. I know it would be more expensive for her based on her previous track record but she is an adult and I would think that would be the best option. However, my agent said that since she is still living with us she cannot have her own policy which I think is wrong.

Any advise on this? I do not want my whole family to be placed in a high risk insurance category due to non-renewal. I am going to follow-up with my insurance agent on the issues.

Thanks In Advance

Back