Non-residence Licensing Question?

"two nipples and a dime" Nice!

Thanks for your response Winter. Yea if my license had been active and I had been using it I definitely would have notified the Georgia dept. when I moved. But it was kind of out of site out of mind at that time so I let the window pass.

I'm jus wondering if I have lived here as a resident in Nevada for too long to switch this to my resident state. I'm not as worried about Georgia troubles as I am running in to problems here in Nevada when I try and make this my resident state.

If anyone else has suggestions please feel free to send them this way. Thanks in advance!

I will let you be but just reiterate that I gave you the proper means to put an end to your wondering. Step 1. Cancel your Georgia license. Step 2 apply for a Nevada license or look at the questions on the form and then be ultra, ultra sure to answer the questions honestly. If the question is how long since you cancelled you are probably all set. Just answer the frigging question honestly. If, however, there is a question about how long you have been a resident (versus just asking if you a current resident) then do not play games with that. If you answer questions honestly you are all set. It is not your job to answer questions they did not ask. If they ask about time since cancellation then they are asking about time since cancellation, duh. If they ask about residence then it is about residence. Just answer it truthfully, if there is even such a question. Look up the frigging form and see what they ask. Usually they ask for confirmation that you are now a resident or for at least 60 days or something but beyond that no.

Do a little homework and then tell us where you are stuck. Look at the forms and see where you think you have a problem. If you are just going to say that the form asks about how long since you cancelled, then that question has been answered. Cancel your Georgia license and then it is the number of days until you apply for a Nevada license. So where are you hung up then? Don't speculate on the Nevada form, just see if it asks anything else about length of residence that could be problematic. Just do it and get on with it. You are acting like you are getting a marriage license or something and looking for problems that could easily be cleared up.:cool:

Back