Non-resident Incoming Call

GeorgeInGA

If our agency receives a call from out of state consumer/company who found product on website and inquires about product, are there any limitations on solicitation, product discussion, etc. if I/we do not have non-resident license in that state?

If your question is, A person called my office from a state where I am not licensed and asked questions about product in that state, then the answer is you should not engage in any product specific discussion other than we do/do not offer insurance in your state. I can get you an agent's number if you like.

Thank you "fedup". If a large group calls in, I just want to be sure what type of information can be disclosed if questions are asked on the front end, and what is a good way to answer. Your suggestion is great advice. May just need to bite the bullet and go ahead and get non-resident license in several states..

Just remember that until you have the non-resident license in hand you should not discuss product specific details because, chances are, you don't have enough information about the product in their state nor do you have the license to speak about it

LOL...You all do realize how call centers work, don't you? An agent who may not even be licensed in that state will sell the product, collect SS # and payment information, then hand it over to an enroller who is licensed in that state to serve as Agent-of-Record. Insurance call centers use sales agent unlicensed in a particular state to sell to clients in that state all the time. The state insurance departments don't really have a problem with it.

Back