Non-Resident Licensing Question.

Can I just let my licenses expire or should i notify each state individually?

• Let expire

• Notify each state individually

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dears0429

I currently posses around 30 non-resident personal lines producer licenses. Some are coming up for renewal and instead of paying thousands of dollars in renewal fees I am going to cancel them and maintain my home state. I just recently made a switch in Lines of Authority and I am unsure of which states I will sell in which is why I'm non renewing them and will re-apply once I figure it out. The process to notify each state seems cumbersome and some states will not allow you to re-apply for a license if it's within 12 months of a voluntary surrender period. Is there any adverse action that is taken if I just let me licenses expire as opposed to written voluntary surrender? An advantage or disadvantage to either approach?

AZ is also good to keep. Cheap to renew and if you were licensed long enough you might not be required to get continuing education.

When I retired I just let all my other state licenses lapse but kept my AZ resident licenses. I've had my life and PC agent licenses since the 1970s and my adjuster's license since 1997 (before continuing education was required so I'm exempt). Costs $120 to renew all three for 4 years and I'll keep renewing indefinitely.

Might never use them again, but one never knows.

Like a handgun, it's better to have them and not need them, then need them and not have them.

Latest posts

Back