Non Standard Carriers

cgreene

Guru
100+ Post Club
I am looking for some non standard carriers in Georgia that focus on no prior full coverage and would not require an office location in the state.

We have had luck with Gainsco since they moved in to Tennessee a couple of months back. I was hesitant when thry came to me since they are B++ rated but the rates are insanely good as opposed to our other nonstandard carriers. We write around 15 a week average which is good since we aren't a personal lines driven agency.

They aren't in Tennessee - they do it all. I don't see why Georgia would be any different. They do however only do state minimum.

Assurance America just rolled out esignature on their online portal, so they shouldn't be worried about phone bound business. The new territory rep is supposed to be dropping by my office, and I'm actively seeking georgia appointments anyway, so I can let you know what he says about it. They have been strong for physical damage coverage with no prior-about in line with accc. At least, they are in sc. I'm already appointed in ga with Omni as well might try them.

We have had luck with Gainsco since they moved in to Tennessee a couple of months back. I was hesitant when thry came to me since they are B++ rated but the rates are insanely good as opposed to our other nonstandard carriers. We write around 15 a week average which is good since we aren't a personal lines driven agency.

If you go the gainsco route be sure to try to get the bigger down. We were using the low down 20day pay thing and it was the root of many issues on the no prior. Explain till your blue in the face, they just could not grasp and were falling off like flies and having to be reinstated.

When given other options, I don't even offer the 17% down plans. I go for 25% down. Except with accc, I'll offer 20% since they don't charge late fees and they still get about 38 days before cancellation.

Sometimes the lowest dp is just the only way you'll get the business-those are the ones I fee anytime I can. I also don't plan on them making it through the term. Though sometimes they do surprise me.

Last edited:
As an update, Assurance America was a no-go on phone bound business. I've contacted Dairyland and Titan but haven't heard back yet, and I haven't tried Access/Arrowhead yet. ACCC and CIS were both no.
I'd also be interested in hearing if anyone else does this same sort of business, and what carriers you use - I'm going to be relying partly on Live Transfers so I expect at least half of those won't have 6 months prior.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back