Noncompliant Direct mail piece?

Desmond Doss

Super Genius
I order a drop of direct mail from a DM supplier--one of their "normal" pieces. And the State determines its not compliant

Do they go after the DM house? Me? Both?

If I make a change to the card so its not their "stock" item does it make a difference in who is responsible?

I've gotten a wide range of answers so far!

Sent that inquiry to state Commissioners office--theyve never even HEARD of Direct Mail! TOO FUNNY!! Im never happier than during a "gummint shutdown"

As the person using the item, your responsible for ensuring compliancy. I wouldn't think CMS or anyone else would go after the direct mailer since they only send it out per your approval and instructions.

Now if the mailer assured you it was compliant and you got hit, then there might be a lawsuit between the 2 of you.

As the person using the item, your responsible for ensuring compliancy. I wouldn't think CMS or anyone else would go after the direct mailer since they only send it out per your approval and instructions.

Now if the mailer assured you it was compliant and you got hit, then there might be a lawsuit between the 2 of you.
Yes thats ONE of the responses I've gotten!

Only plan sponsers are allowed to use non-compliant direct mail pieces.

What was not compliant with yours?

I order a drop of direct mail from a DM supplier--one of their "normal" pieces. And the State determines its not compliant

Do they go after the DM house? Me? Both?

If I make a change to the card so its not their "stock" item does it make a difference in who is responsible?

I've gotten a wide range of answers so far!

Generally they could go after the mail house. The agent. Anyone in the Upline. And the insurance company you sold with the lead if there is one.

But mostly who ever is paying for the lead is on the hook. That’s usually the agent but not always.

Only plan sponsers are allowed to use non-compliant direct mail pieces.

What was not compliant with yours?

Oh lord I feel a rant coming on.

I dont think its possible to do anything in Medicare products that IS compliant

I heard this author interviewed a while back--very interesting If you just live a normal life you will no doubt commit three felonies a day! You Commit Three Felonies a Day

We now live in a Reich with endless millions of people enforcing even more endless millions of overlapping, contradictory, inefficient "rules"--that were never enacted by a Representative body--that in fact HARM the people, not help them

In 1960 the US Largest employer was General Motors---with the average income of $50 an hour (Inflation adjusted) ----The largest employer in the US today is the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, followed by State and County governments.

So I already assume whatever I do will be noncompliant, just trying to stay under the radar!

FORGIVE THE RANT!!

Back