NonMedical Life Insurance

For someone who is not in a position to immediately get a job, is morbidly obese, diabetic, has Chron's disease, and never goes to the doctor, it's a great plan.

As long as you make it clear that this is NOT health insurance, and it's just a discount plan - discounts ranging from 1% to 20% at best - you'll be fine. Make sure you get a company that makes the person initial next to huge letters stating this is not health insurance, nor a supplement, and that it is strictly a discount plan with health benefits built in, as long as they are a member.

People have Kroger Cards, Publix Cards, Office Depot Cards, Jiffy Lube Cards, Walmart Cards, Prepaid Telephone Cards, why not this?

For someone who is not in a position to immediately get a job, is morbidly obese, diabetic, has Chron's disease, and never goes to the doctor, it's a great plan.

As long as you make it clear that this is NOT health insurance, and it's just a discount plan - discounts ranging from 1% to 20% at best - you'll be fine. Make sure you get a company that makes the person initial next to huge letters stating this is not health insurance, nor a supplement, and that it is strictly a discount plan with health benefits built in, as long as they are a member.

People have Kroger Cards, Publix Cards, Office Depot Cards, Jiffy Lube Cards, Walmart Cards, Prepaid Telephone Cards, why not this?

Are you high or crazy?

Female

5 ft. 3 inches

350 lbs.

Not on Medicaid.

Does Medical Billing and Coding from home.

Does not have access to a group plan with the organization she is with.

Realizes that there is no cap, but wants a little help with paying for meds and doctor visits.

You help her. And, before you tell her to get a part time job, and get their benefits, keep in mind, it's difficult for someone to get part time, as well as full time, work. Run a Job Seekers meeting and you'll see.

Your option would be...

I thought the question was on life insurance that does not require a paramed.

However, I agree with Bob's answer as it pertains to limited-benefit HEALTH insurance.

Al

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought the question was on life insurance that does not require a paramed.

However, I agree with Bob's answer as it pertains to limited-benefit HEALTH insurance.

Al

God I hope so...thought he lost his marbles.

Sorry Bob...I don't know squat about discount plans etc.

Last edited:
I think Bob suffered from a case of "Fridays". LOL. Happens to the best of us.

As I understand the issue of this thread, non-medical life insurance is issued without medical underwriting on a GI basis at I believe a higher than normal average pricing (table D/4 or something like that)?

If so, then it could make sense for certain prospects who have health issues that would drive them into the table ratings anyway.

For reasonably healthy people, I would think a fully underwritten life insurance with the possibility of getting a preferred or standard rating would be more beneficial.

I would think that to be really good at non-med life an agent would need to be well-versed in the underwriting and probable decision levels of the carriers he/she represents to make the best decision.

Last edited:
Back