Nonresident Nonstandard

indienoise

Guru
100+ Post Club
In my experience, the smaller nonstandard auto carriers aren't really fond of phone bound business, do any of you do this sort of business much?

As I am beginning some intentional expansion into my nonresident states, I'm trying to round out my markets as I'm going to be about half and half on prospects that are standard/nonstandard. I know I'll have more luck getting the bigger nonstandard carriers on board for this sort of business. I've already got Omni and Progressive in Georgia. I've contacted Titan and Dairyland and would like to try talking to Kemper Specialty, but the KS website seems to be only for CA - anyone have any contact info for them in other states?

Any other suggestions?

I have KS in Ohio, Indiana & Virginia. if you plan to be in any of those states, I can dig up a phone number for you. if you're not finding anything on them, try the old Unitrin sites, whom they bought out.

but to be honest, they're not competitive at all! don't think they'll do you much good at least in those states.

Dairyland would be a excellent addition, as they don't charge extra for SR22 filings. when you find the sweet spots that fit their appetite, they become very competitive. overall, pretty competitive in everything except physical damage coverage.

don't know much about Titan other than what I've heard from other agents. but I think they would be a good addition also.

How are you guys marketing in multiple states? Blocko I know you have a solid online platform that you use to generate prospects via blogging & SEO. But still...how does that pan out?

I write 99% preferred package business that's 99.9% done over the phone.

For me, I have some personal connections in Atlanta that can get me some referrals, and aside from that I'll be purchasing some leads and transfers to help with volume. Haven't been having much activity yet with PPC but will be spending a few dollars there as well.

How are you guys marketing in multiple states? Blocko I know you have a solid online platform that you use to generate prospects via blogging & SEO. But still...how does that pan out?

I write 99% preferred package business that's 99.9% done over the phone.

blogging, yes. SEO, nah... I couldn't afford an SEO.

blogging for non-standard is actually a lot easier than blogging for standard or preferred because of the lack of competition. lots of good keywords that few agents are going for.

about half of my local business is over the phone the other half in person. but just about all of the new web business is done over the phone, or starts with a couple emails and finishes up over the phone.

For me, I have some personal connections in Atlanta that can get me some referrals, and aside from that I'll be purchasing some leads and transfers to help with volume. Haven't been having much activity yet with PPC but will be spending a few dollars there as well.

This is off topic, but..

1.) Nice Website
2.) The girl on the landing page w/ sunglasses is hot

Back