[Noob Question] Newly State Farm Certified Independant Catastrophe and Auto Adjuster. Question About

So, as I mentioned in the title of the thread, I'm a newly State Farm FIAC/AIAC certified independent agent, currently on the roster of E. A. Renfroe.

I have my Texas resident license, and am attempting to add more state licenses to my portfolio, but I've begun to notice that different states give different names to licenses for the same purpose, so I'm finding it a little confusing.

I've learned that I do NOT want a license of any kind that has the word "Public" in it.

Recently, however, I went to the NIPR site with the purpose of getting my South Dakota non resident adjuster license, as it offers reciprocity for Texas.

But when I got to the section to where I was to choose which license I wanted to get, the options available to me were: "Special Producer", "Limited Lines", "Surplus Lines", and "Appraiser".

I'm pretty sure that Surplus Lines and Appraiser are not what I'm looking for, but I still don't know if I should go with Producer or Limited.

Can anyone help a noob? And, if possible, is there some chart that shows what each state calls the license I'm looking for (Renfroe calls me, tells me what state to be in, I show up, evaluate the damage, and write the check to put it very simply) or just some rule of thumb to remember when deciding which one to go for?

Thanks very much for any help at all guys.

Hoss

Re: [Noob Question] Newly State Farm Certified Independant Catastrophe and Auto Adjuster. Question About Non-resident Li

I cant answer you question. Im a Life and Health guy, and I just got some new non res licenses as well. I had some similar questions and I just called the DOI for the states that were in question, the lady who answered the phone new exactly what I needed. Have you tried that route yet?

Re: [Noob Question] Newly State Farm Certified Independant Catastrophe and Auto Adjuster. Question About Non-resident Li

So, as I mentioned in the title of the thread, I'm a newly State Farm FIAC/AIAC certified independent agent, currently on the roster of E. A. Renfroe.

I have my Texas resident license, and am attempting to add more state licenses to my portfolio, but I've begun to notice that different states give different names to licenses for the same purpose, so I'm finding it a little confusing.

I've learned that I do NOT want a license of any kind that has the word "Public" in it.

Recently, however, I went to the NIPR site with the purpose of getting my South Dakota non resident adjuster license, as it offers reciprocity for Texas.

But when I got to the section to where I was to choose which license I wanted to get, the options available to me were: "Special Producer", "Limited Lines", "Surplus Lines", and "Appraiser".

I'm pretty sure that Surplus Lines and Appraiser are not what I'm looking for, but I still don't know if I should go with Producer or Limited.

Can anyone help a noob? And, if possible, is there some chart that shows what each state calls the license I'm looking for (Renfroe calls me, tells me what state to be in, I show up, evaluate the damage, and write the check to put it very simply) or just some rule of thumb to remember when deciding which one to go for?

Thanks very much for any help at all guys.

Hoss

How about calling the state and asking them?

Back