Northwest / Dividends

Northwestern Mutual to provide record $5.6 billion in dividends to policyowners -- MILWAUKEE, Oct. 28, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --

Northwestern often touts their dividend payment capability on their LTCI as a reason for people to buy it.

It's interesting that in a year where they plan to pay their biggest dividend ever, and exceeding 2015 estimates by $120 million, that one product is curiously missing…can you guess what it is…?

Not knocking NML – they are a good company – just saying that as many brokers have experienced, the dividend payment card sometimes gets a little overplayed as a rationale for their higher premiums.

We haven't been illustrating policies with dividends since I started - we show a 'could be' example of paying dividends after a few years, but state that would be a bonus, don't count on it.
The LTC carrier pool keeps getting smaller and smaller. I think our higher rates 20 years ago are saving our asses now.
But, I'm young, and not even 2 years in the business so my opinion isn't worth much ;-)

Back