Northwestern Mutual Recruiter Position

Newguy12

Expert
Does anyone know if this is a good position to transition into? I know they are a good company but I'm not too sure of any additional details. If anyone knows of any info as a recruiter for Northwestern mutual please share, thanks!

I understand going to a paycheck looking for a job. My point was there aren't too many successful recruiters that go to nwm to pull college kids.

No, it is not. The only money made long-term in this business is by helping clients achieve their financial goals and objectives. The only thing that you will be as a recruiter for Northwestern mutual as somebody who goes out and talks to people in college, because about 90% of the people that they get to join the firm are people in college you don't know any better. They totally pain stars in their eyes and tell them that they will have unlimited income when in reality by the time they are two years into the program they don't have any clients, because they did joint work with their college unit director and their college unit director has all the relationships, and they have a ton the debt.

They actually tell you to get debt so that you can reinvest in your business. In my opinion it is a complete train wreck.

Move to a company that has a much better payout and a competitive product lineup, because the investment products for sure at Northwestern mutual are mediocre at best. The an insurance product is good in the whole life in the variable life area but you can't transition those clients if you ever want to leave the firm. If you work at MassMutual or guardian, and you leave one of those firms, you will be able to keep your life insurance relationships.

plus, your career is only as good as how your managing partner treats you in his contract at Northwestern mutual. Seven years ago, or may be about nine years ago, Northwestern mutual change the contract that it has with their managing partners to have them focus on recruitment. So the money is going towards recruitment. And it is been a train wreck because morale is low and a time of senior agents have been leaving the firm. They are now trying to figure out how to fix that problem, the managing partners contracts will be renewed, probably soon, and then where will you be?? Who knows? If you have your own clients you will know exactly where you will be, safe and secure in a good career.

No. Just the ones where someone asks a question about Northwestern Mutual and they want an honest answer.

This posting and thread concept is where anyone can post a question, looking for input from a number of sources.

Sorry to burst your belief that Northwestern Mutual sits at the right hand of God. It does not. In my opinion their managing partners and managing directors have to embellish literally every opportunity and fill young, impressionable people with dreams of earning unlimited income. And it isn't hard to find dozens, if not hundreds, of people in this forum who agree.

The attrition rate at Northwestern Mutual is gigantic for the young guys; they push them to take on debt and literally force them into joint work so that they can keep their clients when they leave. The kids are paid like they are working at Merrill Lynch but they have the expenses of a sole proprietor.

The attrition rate at Northwestern Mutual for the experienced reps is gigantic as well. There are well documented instances of entire offices leaving to go to MassMutual.

The son of Harry Hoopis, one of NML's biggest managing partners, left NML to start an office with MassMutual.

If you don't like the facts too bad.

No. Just the ones where someone asks a question about Northwestern Mutual and they want an honest answer.

This posting and thread concept is where anyone can post a question, looking for input from a number of sources.

Sorry to burst your belief that Northwestern Mutual sits at the right hand of God. It does not. In my opinion their managing partners and managing directors have to embellish literally every opportunity and fill young, impressionable people with dreams of earning unlimited income. And it isn't hard to find dozens, if not hundreds, of people in this forum who agree.

The attrition rate at Northwestern Mutual is gigantic for the young guys; they push them to take on debt and literally force them into joint work so that they can keep their clients when they leave. The kids are paid like they are working at Merrill Lynch but they have the expenses of a sole proprietor.

The attrition rate at Northwestern Mutual for the experienced reps is gigantic as well. There are well documented instances of entire offices leaving to go to MassMutual.

The son of Harry Hoopis, one of NML's biggest managing partners, left NML to start an office with MassMutual.

If you don't like the facts too bad.

Anyone considering NWML should listen to an experienced voices. It doesn't mean don't start at NWML because there may very well be reasons to start there. Things like strength of the local office, the local manager, or mentor availability. However, one should go in with their eyes open and with a plan B.

Back