Northwestern Mutual Waiver for Real?

I previously worked for NWMF and the cost of the rider is probably the cheapest I've seen for this type WOP. Def must be done with caution, I've seen guys convert policies with the WOP, and like we all know, disabilities dont always last a lifetime, therefore, the premium is now due if it was converted from term to perm. Penn mutual offers a similar rider but its much more expansive.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
expensive***

Last edited:
I previously worked for NWMF and the cost of the rider is probably the cheapest I've seen for this type WOP. Def must be done with caution, I've seen guys convert policies with the WOP, and like we all know, disabilities dont always last a lifetime, therefore, the premium is now due if it was converted from term to perm. Penn mutual offers a similar rider but its much more expansive.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
expensive***

Yeah, Northwestern's waiver is the cheapest of all the companies who offer something like this that I am familiar with....Mass, NYL, Penn Mutual. From what I've seen though, Penn Mutual's is the most likely to actually work. Their waiver kicks in after four months, not the standard six. Also, Penn's waiver is an "own occ" waiver. So even if your client takes another job that they are able to do even though they can't perform their primary occupation then the premiums are still paid for by the company. Northwestern's waiver kicks in after six months and is not an own occ waiver.

Back