Norvax Help...again.

Currently in test phase right now. Site is not up yet.

But...check out Ohio Health Insurance - Home

When you click on "get a quote"...you get a certificate error message. Any way to fix that?

Thanks

Your going to have to either contact Norvax on Monday, or your programmer.

It appears a microsoft security certificate has expired. I'm not sure of it's the Norvax one, or one within the
program used to create the site.

I was able to load the quote page, but only after disabling, or allowing the page to be used.

It's rather easy to do, but not something you want to force your customers to do, to view the page.

This is probably only an internet explorer issue, but that's at least 80% of the browser market.

Depending upon where the expired certificate is, and how fast you can get it corrected, a temporary work around may be to have the quote form load into an I-frame set up on the page.

My quote form is an example of an I-frame on a page.

I guess I don't understand. When I click on "Free quotes" on your site, it goes directly to the quote page...just the way it should.

Yet, on mine, even though we use the same quote engine, that certificate issue comes up.

Why are they different?

Thanks.

Your quote engine started up for me Chumps. However, IE7 did make me click to allow blocked content. Doesn't happen on mine or to my clients when I take them there.

Does this make sense? Maybe this will help.

But don't panic. This can be fixed and pretty easily at that. Go into Internet Explorer then choose Tools -> Internet Options, then click on the Content tab. The middle of that window will show you different options regarding Certificates. Click on the middle button, labeled "Certificates..."
Now you'll see something that's an interesting user interface gaffe on [COLOR=#116! important][FONT=verdana, arial, sans-serif][COLOR=#116! important][FONT=verdana, arial, sans-serif]Microsoft's[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] part because the tabs on this window don't fit in the window, so you need to click on the tiny right arrow by the rightmost tab. Once you can see it, click on "Untrusted Publishers". You'll end up with a window that looks like this:

internet-explorer-certificates.jpg

You should see the publisher listed that's causing you such problems. On my screen, I have two certificates from Microsoft, published by VeriSign, as you can see. Just delete the entries here by clicking on each one to select it, then clicking "Remove".
Quit the browser, restart, and everything should be good to go!
Important Update: Microsoft has issued a notice explaining that there was an erroneous certificate issued by its certificate authority and that you should not, in fact, delete the certificate as I suggest above. Please go and read this tech note at the Microsoft site before you take any action: Erroneous VeriSign-Issued Digital Certificates Pose Spoofing Hazard.

My guess would be that the program the was used to create the page has an expired Microsoft Security Certificate.

You won't want to have a page where the customer has to approve the content load, or alter their browser setting to view the page.

When you look at my quote page, your actually looking at two websites at the same.

Mine is the page, and the Norvax quote form is actually being viewed separately within the framed out line you see on the page.

Back