Norvax, Quotit, Insurint Down Time

CHUMPS FROM OXFORD

Guru
5000 Post Club
How often is your system down?

I don't mind if it's down for a few minutes once per week. But those 12-hour outages are killers!

If you use one of these systems, how often does yours have a technical problem?

I didn't include the $49/month option (I always forget the name) since it's fairly new and I assume very little down time.

I've been with Quotit for almost 2 years now and I can't remember the last time my system was down. There's other issues where the plans aren't loaded into the system as early as I'd like sometimes, but I'm always able to at least run some kind of quotes.

Oh - and when I want a child only policy with 3 kids, BCBS of TX on Quotit will not give a rate where everyone else does. This may be a BCBS agreement with Quotit and I'm not sure if Norvax/Insurit are the same.

As for Norvax, it went down all the time on me back in 2007. Not sure about their performance these days.

Oh - and when I want a child only policy with 3 kids, BCBS of TX on Quotit will not give a rate where everyone else does. This may be a BCBS agreement with Quotit and I'm not sure if Norvax/Insurit are the same.

You can't put three kids together on BCBS TX without an adult this is why. Norvax will allow you to check who to quote and you can quote all 3 separate very easily, not sure about Quotit.

I've been with Quotit for almost 2 years now and I can't remember the last time my system was down. There's other issues where the plans aren't loaded into the system as early as I'd like sometimes, but I'm always able to at least run some kind of quotes.

As for Norvax, it went down all the time on me back in 2007. Not sure about their performance these days.

Depending on the ages of the children, you will find that it is often much cheaper to write an adult with them.

I have had Quotit for close to 3 years and haven't had any down time in a while.

They are sometimes slow to update rates but supposedly that is due to an inability to interface with the carrier. They do not load rates on their system (or so I am told) but get them directly from the carrier. They have had issues this week with Humana quotes not showing up which may or may not be tied in to an upgrade of agent workbench.

They have had similar issues in the past with GR/UHC.

I've had insurint about a month and never had any downtime, but I have had some latency issues with the webconferencing that were pushing 10 second lags during screen scrolling. My connection is fast too. We actually tested it here in my house from my pc to laptop, at one point a screen scroll with 3 plans up caused a 15 second lag over a 10Mbps connection.

Have any of you ever had any emails returned from Yahoo or Hotmail (or others) because your quote engine company's autoresponder is considered spam?

Oh hell yeah....ALL the time!

I can't get a quotit email into a yahoo inbox to save my life. I normally have to send the quote and turn around and call or email directly to ask them to check their spam folder.

This goes for yahoo, hotmail, msn, charter, aol, etc. Some corporate filters also grab it depening on what level of spam detection they are running.

Annoying as hell! :skeptical:

Back