NOT a political post but a legit question

Glad to see such an open-minded group here /s. Our family is with a health-sharing plan. We've had our kids' deliveries and several other medical bills paid by them. We submit bills/invoices to home office, home office assigns other members to pay the needing members directly and we pay the provider. Other sharing plans negotiate directly with the providers and pay them themselves but with our plan we do it. It may not be for everyone but we've NEVER had a complaint about ours.

Perhaps because they (the "share programs") basically co-mingle the concepts of sharing money and sharing risk and then use very strong emotional associations to cause consumers to "buy into" something which they really do not understand the technicalities of.

If I am wrong please make sure you correct me...

But wasn't this the bases for the first insurance of any kind... emotion mixed with risk... the technicalities arrived when the lawyers did... it is the mind set or the "philosophy" of a company that drives how it will do business... how it views its bottom line... as a service or capital generator.

But in the end... these concepts are important for the preservation of economic system... the right of independent choice despite how others my view...

It never ceases to amaze me how passionate so many of you are against these share programs. (I do not know anyone in these plans, nor do I know anyone who sells them.)

If you don't know anybody that sells these products or any client that has taken out the coverage themselves, what exactly is your opinion based on?

We are passionate about wanting to make sure that people don't make the wrong decision, and adversely affect not only their pocketbook but in some instances it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to say that we are saving their very life.

What abuse are you referring to? Are we making fun of prospects that go on these plans? Or are we pointing out similarities between people that sign up for non-insurance Insurance? And remember this a very important point, 99% of anybody that purchased a Mini-Med or Christian Share Ministry plan if they truly understood the product they would never purchase it.

Also what you are not thinking of is that you have Christian agents who promote these products, to primarily earn a commission in the health insurance space, and because it's a good match ...IE... Christian Agent + Christian Share Ministry.

To my mind like when you see these businesses, that say they are a Christian business - and a Christian is supposed to do business with them just because they have a logo that says if a Christian business.

It's all Kool-Aid, personally to any religious minded person I shouldn't have to put a logo for you to know I'm a Christian and a businessperson.

But the abuse heaped upon these people is appalling. Sure it is not insurance, but why criticize them for THEIR free choice? Why must someone with opposing viewpoints be demonized?

This is why I don't debate women online , lol - all in good fun :)

Glad to see such an open-minded group here /s. Our family is with a health-sharing plan. We've had our kids' deliveries and several other medical bills paid by them. We submit bills/invoices to home office, home office assigns other members to pay the needing members directly and we pay the provider. Other sharing plans negotiate directly with the providers and pay them themselves but with our plan we do it. It may not be for everyone but we've NEVER had a complaint about ours.

Your handle leads me to believe you are an agent. Is your primary market Health Insurance? Either way, I've heard your statement before....

Glad to see such an open-minded group here /s. Our family is with a MINI-MED. We've had our kids' deliveries and several other medical bills paid by them. We submit bills/invoices to home office, home office assigns other members to pay the needing members directly and we pay the provider. Other MINI-MED's negotiate directly with the providers and pay them themselves but with our plan we do it. It may not be for everyone but we've NEVER had a complaint about ours...

If I am wrong please make sure you correct me...

But wasn't this the bases for the first insurance of any kind... emotion mixed with risk... the technicalities arrived when the lawyers did... it is the mind set or the "philosophy" of a company that drives how it will do business... how it views its bottom line... as a service or capital generator.

But in the end... these concepts are important for the preservation of economic system... the right of independent choice despite how others my view...

You're half right/wrong. That was the basis for life insurance. The basis for insurance was economic. Shipping was hugely profitable, but also full of risk. So coverage started as a way to protect against the risk.

You could say the same for fire insurance. It was mutual aide and defense, so while economic a lot was emotional.

Your handle leads me to believe you are an agent. Is your primary market Health Insurance? Either way, I've heard your statement before....

Glad to see such an open-minded group here /s. Our family is with a MINI-MED. We've had our kids' deliveries and several other medical bills paid by them. We submit bills/invoices to home office, home office assigns other members to pay the needing members directly and we pay the provider. Other MINI-MED's negotiate directly with the providers and pay them themselves but with our plan we do it. It may not be for everyone but we've NEVER had a complaint about ours...

I'm a P&C agent, health licensed but that's not where my concentration is. I've been with my sharing plan long before O-Care. We save up for routine visits, and pay a fraction of a standard plan major medical issues (with very little if any deductible).

Despite what you seem to be implying I don't sell or make commissions off any health sharing or health insurance plans. I have no problem with people taking other health plans, they may be better for other people but the "kool aid" accusations are uncalled for, at least with many of us.

Ya'll are right.

I should pay 4xs more monthly and increase my "deductible" by several thousand and shrink my network so that I can get "real insurance."

Sarcasm aside, as a member of one for years I am very happy with it. More happy with it than I was with my old UHC plan that was cancelled due to Obamacare.

Ya'll are right.

I should pay 4xs more monthly and increase my "deductible" by several thousand and shrink my network so that I can get "real insurance."

Sarcasm aside, as a member of one for years I am very happy with it. More happy with it than I was with my old UHC plan that was cancelled due to Obamacare.
Which one do you have?

Back