NOT a political post but a legit question

Perhaps because they (the "share programs") basically co-mingle the concepts of sharing money and sharing risk and then use very strong emotional associations to cause consumers to "buy into" something which they really do not understand the technicalities of.
As I said in my post, these people made their own choice, no need to be abusive towards them. Also, you do not know whether they understand it or not.

If you don't know anybody that sells these products or any client that has taken out the coverage themselves, what exactly is your opinion based on?

We are passionate about wanting to make sure that people don't make the wrong decision, and adversely affect not only their pocketbook but in some instances it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to say that we are saving their very life.

What abuse are you referring to? Are we making fun of prospects that go on these plans? Or are we pointing out similarities between people that sign up for non-insurance Insurance? And remember this a very important point, 99% of anybody that purchased a Mini-Med or Christian Share Ministry plan if they truly understood the product they would never purchase it.

Also what you are not thinking of is that you have Christian agents who promote these products, to primarily earn a commission in the health insurance space, and because it's a good match ...IE... Christian Agent + Christian Share Ministry.

To my mind like when you see these businesses, that say they are a Christian business - and a Christian is supposed to do business with them just because they have a logo that says if a Christian business.

It's all Kool-Aid, personally to any religious minded person I shouldn't have to put a logo for you to know I'm a Christian and a businessperson.

My opinion is based on the almost endless bashing of these plans and their enrollees that I have seen on this site. I am not making any judgement on the plans, only the bashing of people. And let’s keep something in mind about agents, many of them have marketed insurance that went sideways.

This is why I don't debate women online , lol - all in good fun :)

If you don't know anybody that sells these products or any client that has taken out the coverage themselves, what exactly is your opinion based on?

We are passionate about wanting to make sure that people don't make the wrong decision, and adversely affect not only their pocketbook but in some instances it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to say that we are saving their very life.

What abuse are you referring to? Are we making fun of prospects that go on these plans? Or are we pointing out similarities between people that sign up for non-insurance Insurance? And remember this a very important point, 99% of anybody that purchased a Mini-Med or Christian Share Ministry plan if they truly understood the product they would never purchase it.

Also what you are not thinking of is that you have Christian agents who promote these products, to primarily earn a commission in the health insurance space, and because it's a good match ...IE... Christian Agent + Christian Share Ministry.

To my mind like when you see these businesses, that say they are a Christian business - and a Christian is supposed to do business with them just because they have a logo that says if a Christian business.

It's all Kool-Aid, personally to any religious minded person I shouldn't have to put a logo for you to know I'm a Christian and a businessperson.

This is why I don't debate women online , lol - all in good fun :)

My opinion is based on the almost endless bashing of these plans and their enrollees that I have seen on this site. I am not making any judgement on the plans, only the bashing of people. And let’s keep something in mind about agents, many of them have marketed insurance that went sideways.

Define "discrimination."
AARP (dblage007's(I know I spelled it wrong) favorite insurance company). AARP dscriminates against people under 50. :shocked:

"Anyone 50 or over can get all the great benefits of membership in AARP for only $16 a year. And membership includes your spouse or partner, free! Joining online is fast and secure. You become a member right away and receive your membership number online."

Tom, an FMO solicited me to write their plans. I asked if you had to be a Lutheran and was told "no". Is ANY religious affiliation required? Again, the answer was "no".

Tom, an FMO solicited me to write their plans. I asked if you had to be a Lutheran and was told "no". Is ANY religious affiliation required? Again, the answer was "no".
Hey Bob, Thrivent's not just for Lutherans any more.

You would think Thrivent would've sent out a memo if they took that requirement off. LCBA removed that requirement(and sent out a memo on it).

As I'm sure that you already know, the marketers at the FMO's don't always know what they're talking about. I personally woudn't rely on that info without verifying it with Thrivent. If I think of it, I'll call Thrivent and ask them tomorrow and let you know what I find out.

No logic. No choice. Pure discrimination.
There are not 20 other non religious options in the "sharing" market to choose from.

Define "discrimination."

I am amazed that people in this industry still speak of "judging" and "discrimination".

Insurance on its bare face is an industry that has created whole departments whose sole function it is to judge and discriminate its potential clients...

Define "discrimination"... it's called the underwriting department... :yes:

and "judging" in insurance... that's called the actuarial department. :yes:

We work in a capacity of representing professional companies that make their living off discrimination and judgement... :laugh: there is no "high horse here".

I am amazed that people in this industry still speak of "judging" and "discrimination".

Insurance on its bare face is an industry that has created whole departments whose sole function it is to judge and discriminate its potential clients...

Define "discrimination"... it's called the underwriting department... :yes:

and "judging" in insurance... that's called the actuarial department. :yes:

We work in a capacity of representing professional companies that make their living off discrimination and judgement... :laugh: there is no "high horse here".
Royal Arcanum at one time discriminated against Mongolians. If you had any Mongolian blood.....not eligible. :shocked:

Back