Not Entitled to Part A...

Jul 17, 2015

1. healther

healther Guru

State:
    South Carolina
    I have a client that wants to purchase health insurance for her mother (70) that is not entitled to Part A and can't afford the additional $400 per month premium to purchase it...

Any recommendations?

healther, Jul 17, 2015
  2. just some f.e.llow

just some f.e.llow Guru

Medicaid.

That's all.

3. MedicareAgent

MedicareAgent Guru

have her find a concierge physician group so she can at least see dr's for reduced rates, there is no other options :(

4. Justin Bilyj

Justin Bilyj Guru

State:
    Ohio
    Can you go more into this? Do you come across this often? It is heartbreaking, makes me wonder with the work ethic of the younger generations, will a majority qualify for Part A down the road.

5. MedicareAgent

MedicareAgent Guru

I have a group of doctors in my town that have joined a nationwide group called Epiphany health group. You pay a flat fee and can use the network of doctors , the only problem is, if you go into a hospital your screwed, the hospitals are not in this group.

I think the next generation are in big trouble, they are the entitled group sitting home not working and milking the system, when it comes time for medicare, they won't qualify either and will be in the same boat.

6. yogooglethis

yogooglethis Guru

State:
    Florida

just had a case the other day in Fl. where lady was 66 and didn't have medicare because of lack of qualifying quarters.Had her first enroll in medicare at local SS office then apply for medicare savings program through state that will pay all her a and b premium because of her income.

It is a leap of faith for the beneficiary because they have to enroll in medicare before they can apply for the medicare savings program ( medicaid) and when they enroll in medicare they are told the unsubidized premium will be about 1000.00 per month

7. DS4

DS4 Guru

State:
    California
    Yes,

It only takes 40 quarters to qualify for "premium free Part A".

Most will qualify by their mid to late 20's.

DS4, Jul 18, 2015
  8. WCMason

WCMason Guru

State:
    Colorado
    Even at minimum wage it would only take about four months working full time to get four SS credits for the year. ($4,880 income = 4 credits). Even most slackers should be able to qualify for Part A.

WCMason, Jul 18, 2015
  9. somarco

somarco GA Medicare Expert

State:
    Georgia
    somarco, Jul 18, 2015
  10. healther

healther Guru

State:
    South Carolina
    How do you interpret the intent of this line from healthcare.gov...

Seems to me, it is determined by what "eligible for Medicare" means. Anyone over 65 can purchase it, so if it applies to everyone over 65 this entry is pointless. I am interpreting it as if it means, if you aren't eligible for Part A, in the traditional sense... $0 monthly premium (MA training in force).

Any arguments?