Not Entitled to Part A...

How do you interpret the intent of this line from healthcare.gov...

https://www.healthcare.gov/retirees/

Seems to me, it is determined by what "eligible for Medicare" means. Anyone over 65 can purchase it, so if it applies to everyone over 65 this entry is pointless. I am interpreting it as if it means, if you aren't eligible for Part A, in the traditional sense... $0 monthly premium (MA training in force).

Any arguments?

Certain foreign nationals may not be eligible even if they want to pay Part A??

I have a client that wants to purchase health insurance for her mother (70) that is not entitled to Part A and can't afford the additional $400 per month premium to purchase it... Any recommendations?

These nasty foreigners will find a way to get everything free. I've come across several immigrants who always have their SSN followed by an "M". The Part B date is always earlier than than the Part A date, not the other way around. I just saw another one today. When I asked him how he got it, he said that he qualified for citizenship through Pres Chump Reagans amnesty, but didn't contribute enough quarters to qualify for SS or Medixare. State of Calif was paying his premiums for Part B. Now, he has to re-apply in Texas. I'll get some more information from them next time I see them.

Certain foreign nationals may not be eligible even if they want to pay Part A??

If you haven't been a citizen or in the US legally for 5 years you are not eligible to even purchase Medicare A. Good answer.

Back