Not Selling Yet, Just Considering...

Sinnesaurus

I've never considered selling insurance before. In fact I "phhtthhh'd" at the very idea. But I have been unemployed for some months and have been exploring an opportunity through Banker's Life Insurance and Casualty. I go to my follow-up seminar tomorrow...they call them interviews, but they're really more like informational seminars on the company and being an agent.

I was wondering if anyone has experience with Banker's Life on the forum here. Do they offer the excellent training they claim? Are they a decent company to work for?

When thinking about this career path I feel excited, and then nervous. The low success rate gives me some trepidation. I have a degree in Merchandising and worked high-end retail sales (which included insurance billing, believe it or not) for 10 years and customers tend to like and trust me, often asking for me by name. So I feel I could be good at it, but there's the fear of "....what if I'm not?"

Thank you for any input, feedback, and tips! I greatly appreciate it!

----------

After posting I had this super genius idea to search the forum for Banker's Life...and holey moley. It's looking just a little sketchy.

I've never considered selling insurance before. In fact I "phhtthhh'd" at the very idea. But I have been unemployed for some months and have been exploring an opportunity through Banker's Life Insurance and Casualty. I go to my follow-up seminar tomorrow...they call them interviews, but they're really more like informational seminars on the company and being an agent.

I was wondering if anyone has experience with Banker's Life on the forum here. Do they offer the excellent training they claim? Are they a decent company to work for?

When thinking about this career path I feel excited, and then nervous. The low success rate gives me some trepidation. I have a degree in Merchandising and worked high-end retail sales (which included insurance billing, believe it or not) for 10 years and customers tend to like and trust me, often asking for me by name. So I feel I could be good at it, but there's the fear of "....what if I'm not?"

----------

After posting I had this super genius idea to search the forum for Banker's Life...and holey moley. It's looking just a little sketchy.

If you searched the Forum, you should realize that it's looking more than a little sketchy!

I've never considered selling insurance before. In fact I "phhtthhh'd" at the very idea. But I have been unemployed for some months and have been exploring an opportunity through Banker's Life Insurance and Casualty. I go to my follow-up seminar tomorrow...they call them interviews, but they're really more like informational seminars on the company and being an agent. I was wondering if anyone has experience with Banker's Life on the forum here. Do they offer the excellent training they claim? Are they a decent company to work for? When thinking about this career path I feel excited, and then nervous. The low success rate gives me some trepidation. I have a degree in Merchandising and worked high-end retail sales (which included insurance billing, believe it or not) for 10 years and customers tend to like and trust me, often asking for me by name. So I feel I could be good at it, but there's the fear of "....what if I'm not?" Thank you for any input, feedback, and tips! I greatly appreciate it! ---------- After posting I had this super genius idea to search the forum for Banker's Life...and holey moley. It's looking just a little sketchy.

Just search on Inside Edition Bankers Life and watch the video. That seems to be the style of company managers everywhere I've ever heard of.

----------

If I were you, I'd sell steak knives. Everybody needs to eat....

Insurance sales is not for the faint of heart. You have to do things most people would never be able to do. Like cold calling, knocking on doors and getting into a strangers house! Everyone has to start somewhere. I started being independent selling Lincoln Heritage Funeral Insurance. Nightmare! Almost lost everything. But I kept thinking how people are rich selling insurance. Surely I can figure this out. Got into selling Medicare Advantage and Med Supps and my life is a dream. Literally living the dream. It’s worth a risk if you can be bold and do things you never imagined so many times that they become second nature. But you have to try to find out what you are capable of!

Insurance sales is not for the faint of heart. You have to do things most people would never be able to do. Like cold calling, knocking on doors and getting into a strangers house! Everyone has to start somewhere. I started being independent selling Lincoln Heritage Funeral Insurance. Nightmare! Almost lost everything. But I kept thinking how people are rich selling insurance. Surely I can figure this out. Got into selling Medicare Advantage and Med Supps and my life is a dream. Literally living the dream. It’s worth a risk if you can be bold and do things you never imagined so many times that they become second nature. But you have to try to find out what you are capable of!

You would do fine selling funeral insurance if you got with a brokerage that specializes with final expense. At Lincoln you were working with the lowest commissions for you and trying to sell the highest rates for your customers. Not many people are going to find that as easy as just selling the exact same thing with much lower rates for your customer and almost double the commission for you. If you want to add that to your Medicare sales, look us up. You should understand that every single person you sell a Medicare plan to is also buying life insurance from somewhere or someone. And they would buy it from you if you just show them how to get a better price than they were able to find on their own.

Every person that buys Medicare is also buying life insurance?
:eek:

You need to make that assumption because most are. And most think they don’t need to look at it because it’s all handled. But when you do get them to look at it they have stuff that is easy to improve.

People HATE to deal with stuff they don’t really understand and aren’t excited about. So they just “take what was offered at work” or “take that mail order AARP, Globe or Colonial Penn” or “their cousins kid sold insurance for a little while and he sold them what they need” or “their financial advisor sold them a crashing UL a long time ago”. This is the stuff you find when you review the life insurance with your Med Sup base. But the conversation always starts with: Life insurance? Oh, we have that all taken care of.

You need to make that assumption because most are. And most think they don’t need to look at it because it’s all handled. But when you do get them to look at it they have stuff that is easy to improve.

People HATE to deal with stuff they don’t really understand and aren’t excited about. So they just “take what was offered at work” or “take that mail order AARP, Globe or Colonial Penn” or “their cousins kid sold insurance for a little while and he sold them what they need” or “their financial advisor sold them a crashing UL a long time ago”. This is the stuff you find when you review the life insurance with your Med Sup base. But the conversation always starts with: Life insurance? Oh, we have that all taken care of.
I recently had a lady(Med Supp client) that had a $30,000 life insurance policy. I looked at it for her, and it was an accidental death policy through her credit union. I wonder how many people think they have life insurance......but don't.:huh:

She has "real" life insurance now. :yes:

Back