Not Sending in App After Doing Pos Interview

Jakel

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Question-If you do the point of sale interview and the insured decides not to proceed for whatever reason or is declined during the phone interview, do you have to send in the application anyway?

Or is this a carrier specific guideline?

Some companies require you send it in so they have the HIPAA in case they are later audited. You should check the company's guidelines. I know that Royal Neighbors requires the application no matter what the decision is for that very reason.

I know foresters requires you to send it in. Last time I checked, if you dont send it in within 30 days, you could lose your POS interview privileges.

Question-If you do the point of sale interview and the insured decides not to proceed for whatever reason or is declined during the phone interview, do you have to send in the application anyway?

Or is this a carrier specific guideline?

To be safe just write all over the app "declined" or "withdrawn". Then fax it in. This will CYA.

Some companies require you send it in so they have the HIPAA in case they are later audited. You should check the company's guidelines. I know that Royal Neighbors requires the application no matter what the decision is for that very reason.

How's that work with the no application taken voice sig?

Doesn't the voice signature cover all signature pages except replacement forms?

It should. And maybe that's what he is saying. I've only done 3 of the voice sig apps. All were approved and I only had to send in replacement forms.

I would hope you don't have to send in an app if it's declined. I would hate to ask a person to sign an application that was declined.

How's that work with the no application taken voice sig?

I was thinking more before they went to voice signature. I'm sure that is one of the reasons they like the voice signature, they never fail to get the HIPAA.

Back