NPN Number

mschlange

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Does any one know if you NPN number doesn't show up if you can go into the access area and make a life change and add the NPN number?
If not any recommendation on how this can be done?

Does any one know if you NPN number doesn't show up if you can go into the access area and make a life change and add the NPN number?
If not any recommendation on how this can be done?

If it was not assigned to the app on initial submission addings as you say will not assign you as the agent and get commissions paid. Also, there is not a way to see if an NPN is associated to an application via the Marketplace Access feature at healthcare.gov...

Anthem is telling us that we can do a life change ourselves to add NPN. With that and an AOR, they will pay commission.

An Agent of Record form to Anthem should be sufficient, because the association is between you, client, and the carrier.

Performing a Life Change marketplace transaction for this sole purpose could have unintended consequences, IMO.

Why would Anthem complicate such a simple process? :1wink:

An Agent of Record form to Anthem should be sufficient, because the association is between you, client, and the carrier.

Performing a Life Change marketplace transaction for this sole purpose could have unintended consequences, IMO.

Why would Anthem complicate such a simple process? :1wink:

Yes, life change could bring up a request to resolve an inconsistency, or other time consuming issues. They were OK with AOR in past, now seem to want the agent info to match Marketplace month to month. I could show a copy of their memo, which also states, incorrectly, in my experience, that we can report our NPN to the Marketplace by phone, which they will hold in their system until the next life change by/for a client. My response to that plan, from experience: :twitchy: No rep/manager at Marketplace I have talked to knows any way of adding an agent's NPN into the app other than doing a life change.

If there is one, I'd welcome the news.

Back