Number of Individual Clients

A local dentist was referred to me last month. T65. He and his hygienist wife came in for the appointment.
During my fact finding, I find out he has a group health plan for himself, his wife and 3 other ee's.
The dentist is quite happy about getting Medicare and waiving off the group plan. (Basically, a $900/mo premium will go away).
I write a med supp & Part D on the dentist.
I ask him who the agent was for his employer plan.
He tell me, "not sure, we just call the company directly with questions".
I fill out a change of agent authorization.
I now make $235/mo on the employer plan.

What kind of plan do you write where you make $235 per month on 2 employees?? That seems pretty high.

My wife is available when needed, and I've had to use her periodically.
Every OEP day is different, starts off at 4 hrs of sleep, and then turns into 6 and maybe 8 hrs of sleep during Tgiving holiday.

I work AZ and FL, so I have time zone advantage with a 2 hr time difference at that time of year. Start at 6am AZ time and last call at 7 or 8pm AZ time. Makes for 13-15 hour long appts per day using youcanbook.me calendar scheduler and join.me. No face to face. It's my beard growing time. Only do F2F for med supps in off season, maybe 1 a month.

Hi,

I recently acquired a new book of business that will lead me to be in charge of managing about 150 clients that are split between individual health and medicare supplement/medicare advantage. I do have knowledge and experience about all of the above and i'm excited about having more money coming into our agency.

My question is just one of volume. I'd like to know how many individual/medicare clients one person can handle before they would end up needing the help of some kind of assistant. I think I have met quite a few people that have around 400-500 clients that they manage on their own. What do you think?

Thanks,

Ben
You can manage way more med supp customers
My wife is available when needed, and I've had to use her periodically.
Every OEP day is different, starts off at 4 hrs of sleep, and then turns into 6 and maybe 8 hrs of sleep during Tgiving holiday.

I work AZ and FL, so I have time zone advantage with a 2 hr time difference at that time of year. Start at 6am AZ time and last call at 7 or 8pm AZ time. Makes for 13-15 hour long appts per day using youcanbook.me calendar scheduler and join.me. No face to face. It's my beard growing time. Only do F2F for med supps in off season, maybe 1 a month.
I don't want to hijack the the OP's thread, but I have a question about writing individual health under 65 market. How does one come out with making 5% 1st year commissions, 2% per client after that? Even doing on exchange when Carriers are only paying you on premiums minus subsidies.We are only licensed in Texas, so maybe it works different elsewhere.

First, you are paid on the entire premium.
Second, Texas Blue is one of the few carriers still paying a % of premium.
Most are paying per member amount of $12-18 per month.
I don't understand the question maybe

Thanks for your response. Blue in Texas, unless this changed quit paying us on any subsidy to years ago. This is why we backed out of the on exchange market. We write all lines of insurance and the under 65 health market was the least profitable and seemed to be the most work for us. I was curious and maybe tryng to learn a thing or two.

I hope you are right! I checked our commission statement though with a couple of clients. Male age 35. This is the information on him below.
Agent Name: Last Bill: Not Yet Billed
Plan: Blue Advantage Plus Silver 202 Paid to Date: 08/01/2018
Policy Kit: Not Available
Renewal Type : Active Renewal Market Type: On-Exchange
Billing Information: - Monthly Total Monthly Premium: $645.70
Expected Subsidy: $382.00 Adjusted Premium: $263.70

07/01/18
Premium applied: 277.59 @ 4.00000%
000645 BLUEADVANTAGE¬
01/01/18 PREM 08/01/18 11.10 1,943.13 YTD
Commission YTD. 77.70

Back