Number of presentations as the benchmark each week?

OttoGraf

Guru
100+ Post Club
I see lots of different questions on the interwebs as far as what EXACT numbers are needed to be successful in FE...

How many dials?

How many leads?

How many door knocks?

How many appointments?

However, I've found that focusing in on the number of presentations given each week has been a much more effective benchmark for our team.

So instead of worrying about each little itty bity detail and overanalyzing; if an agents does whatever combination of what it takes (see above) for him/her to give 10-15 appointments each week they should always have above average numbers. (I'm also assuming that said agent has had some decent training/support on putting together an effective presentation). Hope that helps, especially for those that tend to fall in the "paralysis by analysis" category!

I see lots of different questions on the interwebs as far as what EXACT numbers are needed to be successful in FE...

How many dials?

How many leads?

How many door knocks?

How many appointments?

However, I've found that focusing in on the number of presentations given each week has been a much more effective benchmark for our team.

So instead of worrying about each little itty bity detail and overanalyzing; if an agents does whatever combination of what it takes (see above) for him/her to give 10-15 appointments each week they should always have above average numbers. (I'm also assuming that said agent has had some decent training/support on putting together an effective presentation). Hope that helps, especially for those that tend to fall in the "paralysis by analysis" category!

You're right, it's the number of presentations that determines the number of sales. Major in the majors and minor in the minors.

Been saying this for years. Base your success rate on how many presentations you give in a week vs how many applications you write in 1 week. I found the average agent has a 50 close ratio. 10 presentations a week, average 5 applications a week. I encourage our producers to give 15 to 20 presentations a week. Dont worry about making a sale, just focus on the presentations and the sales will come. The sale is the byproduct of the presentations.

Do you guys consider a presentation to husband and wife as 2 presentations?

(not an agent)

If you don't have very many of them, it probably doesn't make any difference. If you have a lot of them, and count them as 2 presentations; but then use your history as 1 presentation equals one location you have to get to to match your presentation history, you will come up short. Todd's approach makes more sense to me.

I agree ... presentations is the metric to track. As a still new agent, I would also add that getting in the door does not equal a presentation. I have short circuited a number of would-be sales by getting ahead of myself and going too quickly for the commitment/the premium discussion/ the application.

Once inside the door, no matter what the prospect says or how much Lincoln Heritage insurance she has, if I skip the presentation and go right for the policy review and close, I have cut my chances of closing by a pretty high percent.

In other words, count your presentations ... but make sure you are counting actual presentations, and not butchered newby misfires.

They probably want to know about dials or knocks because that's the activity metric nearly all other industries go by to help ensure success. It's the metric that the salesman can completely control on a daily basis. I suppose maybe for FE sales it may be better to track presentations since they use leads and several sits are easy to get every day. That's my best guess.

Back