Nurse Practitioner

shooter

Guru
100+ Post Club
Guys I am out of the loop on DI.

I haven't sold any in years.
I have looked at a few companies but none seriously.

I have a client that has a wife that is a Nurse Practitioner.
Salary $80 thousand per.

She called today and wants to talk about a Di for herself.

Tell me the companies to look at.
One issue, none health related as far as I know.

They did file bankruptcy about a year ago.
They may knock her out.
Thanks.
Shooter

Guardian, Standard, or Principal. She would be occ class 3M with Guardian, 3A with Principal, and 4P with Standard, so Standard will probably be cheaper just taking a guess. If you can get her to apply with at least two other people, she can get unisex rates and a big discount. The unisex rates/discount would save 30-40% versus a policy for just herself. Win/win for both you and her if you can get that done.

Guardian, Standard, or Principal. She would be occ class 3M with Guardian, 3A with Principal, and 4P with Standard, so Standard will probably be cheaper just taking a guess. If you can get her to apply with at least two other people, she can get unisex rates and a big discount. The unisex rates/discount would save 30-40% versus a policy for just herself. Win/win for both you and her if you can get that done.

Thanks for the input. Does Standard do business in Alabama?
Does a bankruptcy hurt in underwriting?
Where would Union Central rank compared to these companies?
Sorry to ask so many questions. But I lost all
faith in most of the IMO and recruiters I run into.

It seems Di is the least used forum on the board.
Maybe it is the least sold product.

Shooter

Union Central is quality, but they'll probably come out more expensive than the Standard at 4P. I'm guessing here as well, but the Standard does tend to compete well price wise.

The Standard should be available in Alabama, the bigger questions is will all of the riders you want be available.

This is always the annoying thing about the Standard:

1. Having their product approved in a specific state

2. Having the product and the desired riders available in a specific state

Most women seeking disability insurance are looking for a specific type of policy - one that covers normal pregnancy so they can have income replacement during maternity leave.

Worksite short term disability is the one and only option. If she works at a medical practice there is a reasonable chance that the group will agree to offer the programs to all employees.

Standard and Ameritas (was Union Central) are in Alabama. They are both very competitive products along with many other companies. When it comes to DI it's not always about price!

The big question is the bankruptcy and the details of the bankruptcy will determine the best company to go to.

Edited for spam

Chris @ GFDIC.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Back